Poll: Random Reboots?

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
Just wanted to collect some data on random reboots people may or not be having. I seem to have them every other day or so and can't seem to find the cause.

Please post Rom, Kernel, rooted or just plain stock. Maybe we can track this down to something specific.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not on das bamf, or stock. But when I was running the leak I was getting random reboots.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
No reboots here but then again I'm not rooted yet either and really don't know if I want to considering that none of the ROMs are really jumping out at me as great. I just keep telling myself this phone is still very young.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No reboots here but then again I'm not rooted yet either and really don't know if I want to considering that none of the ROMs are really jumping out at me as great. I just keep telling myself this phone is still very young.

Hmm there are some nice roms out there. Das bamf works good, virus rom was nice, I heard hedney's rom was nice and CM has an alpha release.

OP
demonhawk1313

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
Not on das bamf, or stock. But when I was running the leak I was getting random reboots.

Assume your referring to the radio leak? I have my suspicions that may be the issue although my friend had several completely stock and has been running over a week without any with the new radio. Him and I are setup almost identically.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

rwaustin

Reaction score
I am rooted on my X. With no special operating systems except for what came on the phone. I have been having A problem with my Droid rebooting when I plug it in to my computer. I don't want to say it's every time but quite often.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
demonhawk1313

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
I am rooted on my X. With no special operating systems except for what came on the phone. I have been having A problem with my Droid rebooting when I plug it in to my computer. I don't want to say it's every time but quite often.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

My x still does that. Believe its a known problem. Never bothered me too much because I knew it was going to happen

nateccnn

Reaction score
I've had three since I bought the phone on launch day. First was after rooting. The last was after unrooting and returning to stock. It always happens when I am in the middle of something but never loses data so not that big of a deal to me.

Nate

perfoliate

Reaction score
I've run most of the rom's and the only time I've had reboots was running the leaked radio.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

LocalFiveOh

Reaction score
I have had a few random reboots. Very few and far between though. Maybe 4 since I got the phone at the end of march. My phone is not rooted.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I am running Hedney HDS Twisted Sense rom and had the latest radio flashed and I was having 2-3 reboots a day. It was totally frustrating me. I flashed an older radio leak and viola the reboots are gone. There is a list of radios on XDA and I flashed the second one on the list to correct my reboots. (in case anyone wanted to know).

lemming

Reaction score
I had no reboots the first week I had the phone but it was in airplane mode(out of the country) and mostly used as a clock or to play games. I had 2 in the following couple of days before it was rooted. I have had 2 since rooting(3 weeks) running Das BAMF 1.5 remix. Unfortunately Mine does not simply reboot it shuts off and sometimes needs a battery pull to get it to power back up. I use my phone as an alarm clock so the first time it shuts off and I oversleep it either goes to ebay or back to Verizon. This is my 4th thunderbolt so far due to unrelated problems.:icon_eek:

Needless to say I am interested to see the outcome of this poll.

dark juggalo

Reaction score
No reboots when I was running The Perfect Storm v1.1..
now Im running the lastest version 1.4 w/the new radio...and I get at least 1 reboot a day.

hmmmm...think it might be the new radio

OP
demonhawk1313

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
I am running Hedney HDS Twisted Sense rom and had the latest radio flashed and I was having 2-3 reboots a day. It was totally frustrating me. I flashed an older radio leak and viola the reboots are gone. There is a list of radios on XDA and I flashed the second one on the list to correct my reboots. (in case anyone wanted to know).

Thank you. I'll give that a shot

jimmiem

Reaction score
When I was running the leaked update I had 2-3 random reboots a day. I reflashed the stock image and haven't had one since.

And why do people post non-relevant info about their non-TB phones in a TB poll on a TB forum?