Poll: Random Reboots?

KillerKPD

Reaction score
Updated OTA yesterday, I am keeping my fingers crossed on the reboots.

markinwyo

Reaction score
Before the ota update my TB only rebooted when I bogged it down. Since the OTA it reboot every chance it gets. The average is 9 per 24hr period. It acts like Windows does when it is doing the service pack updates (reboot, apply software, reboot again. Until it is fully updated).

It reboot at night when its plugged in. I was jolted awake by the sound of a large thunder clap. After I peeled myself off the ceiling I tried to go back to sleep but my heart was racing. I finally got back to sleep and guess what...yup the TB rebooted and I was back on the ceiling.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

devilishlygreat

Reaction score
Just had my phone for more than 2 weeks now and I never had any intermittent reboots until I manually updated it last Friday. It's been rebooting intermittently 1-3 times a day. By the way, I haven't had the chance to root my phone yet.

Any updates from those who just did factory reset on their phones? Did it really fix the issue? Thanks guys!

jseah

Reaction score
Just had my phone for more than 2 weeks now and I never had any intermittent reboots until I manually updated it last Friday. It's been rebooting intermittently 1-3 times a day. By the way, I haven't had the chance to root my phone yet.

Any updates from those who just did factory reset on their phones? Did it really fix the issue? Thanks guys!

After I installed the update, my phone would reboot easily 5-6 times a day. Saturday afternoon I did a factory reset and my phone didn't reboot itself once since then.

tonton

Reaction score
Rooted stock, no random reboots until I dl'd the radio leak, now 3 times in the last 2 days. Not too bad, just annoying. Is it the leak or ota??

tc3

Reaction score
It's the ota update, I have been totally stock and no problems or reboot until their update.

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
Rooted and ROMed with Das BAMF 1.6.3. Reboots (actually more lockups and battery pulls) seemingly started with leaked radio. Have tried installing "stock" radio with no cure. Am going to try the other two radios in Adryn's radio thread to see if either helps. No OTA obviously on my phone.

Filosophic1

Reaction score

Ok, did the factory reset this morning, and after reinstalling all of my apps, and restoring everything, I am finally back up and running. No reboots so far, and GPS is definitely quicker in locking on to my location. For the first time since I've had my Thunderbolt, my Google location when I open my browser shows my correct location. However, the weather widget, still does not show my correct location...placing me about 5 miles away from where I currently am. But all in all, so far so good.

Viper Daimao

Reaction score
got about 10 reboots in the 3 days after ota update. haven't had any since. *crosses fingers*

devilishlygreat

Reaction score

After I installed the update, my phone would reboot easily 5-6 times a day. Saturday afternoon I did a factory reset and my phone didn't reboot itself once since then.

Thank you for your quick reply. After doing the factory reset, did you re-install the update again? Or was the update included in the factory reset? Sorry if it sounds like a no-brainer question, but I just want to understand the steps that I should take if ever I'll decide to do a factory reset on my phone. :)

Filosophic1

Reaction score
Well, did the factory reset, and reinstalled all of my apps. Did not reboot for about 3 hours, and now it's starting to reboot itself again. 2 reboots today so far.