1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Please someone help me

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by Rmonaghan88, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Rmonaghan88

Rmonaghan88 New Member

I rooted my droid x last week and have no problems. today I used my phone all day( took a trip had gps running all day). when i got home my phones browser wouldn't work and any app using the 3g network. i switched to wifi and had no problem. my phones status bar has the 3g up and running and in status it says it connected but nothing will work. what i have tried so far *228(1 and 2) factory reset, re loaded liberty rom, battery pull. any suggestions that you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.
    p.s pretty sure i forgot to back up stock rom so going back to stock is not an option unless someone can post a how to install sbf. using a macbook. also used browser on GFs blackberry also verizon and it worked so I know its not the network.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  2. quiklives

quiklives New Member

I don't have a how to for you, but I got back to stock just the other day using maderstcok 's file. No, not a typo. Search for that and there should beer instructions if you need to go back to stock. I did it on linux, so mac should be easy.

Perhaps, though, toggling your 3g signal off and on would fix it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  3. Johnly

Johnly Guest

I had to boot my device on Liberty every day or so to re establish a data link. ApEx solved that for me.......I am sure I am wrong though...
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

My suggestion is you sbf back to stock. And if your data doesn't come back then take it back to Verizon and get a replacement.
  5. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

OP I live in Central PA and last evening my 3G was down. I note the time of your post and the local 3G was down at that.
  6. insanedreamer

insanedreamer New Member

Whoa, makes me scared to root my droid