hopefully someone can help me here

Alexdisaster

Reaction score
Okay so, I installed the liberty rom and now I have decided to go back to the stock rom. However the problems are whenever I start my phone it starts recovery and it still shows liberty for a few seconds then does the default boot animation. How do I fix this and what did I do wrong?

:icon_ banana:peanut butter jelly time

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay so, I installed the liberty rom and now I have decided to go back to the stock rom. However the problems are whenever I start my phone it starts recovery and it still shows liberty for a few seconds then does the default boot animation. How do I fix this and what did I do wrong?

:icon_ banana:peanut butter jelly time

A little more info. Did you flash a backup? Does it start in clockwork recovery or stock? Does it show the liberty boot logo or animation? Try booting into stock recovery and wiping data

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

OP
A

Alexdisaster

Reaction score
i believe i did flash a back up and yes it does start in clockwork and its the boot logo.... how do I get into the stock recovery?

OP
A

Alexdisaster

Reaction score
recently I have also been getting installation errors with some of what I am assuming are larger files but I have plenty of storage space left I am not sure if this is all related or not.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
i believe i did flash a back up and yes it does start in clockwork and its the boot logo.... how do I get into the stock recovery?

You're on the dx so hold power and home buttons at the same time and when you see the triangle with the!, hit the search key and you will be in stock recovery. Go to wipe data, then reboot system. See if that helps

OP
A

Alexdisaster

Reaction score
no luck

You're on the dx so hold power and home buttons at the same time and when you see the triangle with the!, hit the search key and you will be in stock recovery. Go to wipe data, then reboot system. See if that helps

Okay so I tried this finally and no luck. The liberty boot screen is still there and I only resorted to this after I tried to do the OTA update from verizon because it seems to like to fail verifying something when it goes to do the install... any ideas on what my problem might be there or if it might be related?

phalstead

Reaction score
Okay so I tried this finally and no luck. The liberty boot screen is still there and I only resorted to this after I tried to do the OTA update from verizon because it seems to like to fail verifying something when it goes to do the install... any ideas on what my problem might be there or if it might be related?

Mine did this after a herpaderp install of Gingerbread. The only way I could get it to stop failing signature verification was to SBF back to 2.3.340 and start from scratch. Which in the end is better in my opinion, it gets rid of all the garbage that gets left behind after flashing different ROMs and such. Makes things nice and clean.

OP
A

Alexdisaster

Reaction score
okay so Im kinda sorta a noob at this stuff.... how exactly do I sbf my phone? and does that make it brand new out of the box for the os?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes it will be out of the box. PM me if you need more help with the thread posted above. I'll be happy to talk you through it.

Droid 2 APEX -The fastest ROM out there.