Can someone please help??

MrSinister1

Reaction score
I just sbf'd for the first time on my DX following the instructions to a T and once the process in rsd-lite was complete it saud 100% and it said to manually reboot the phone so I unplugged the usb and did a battery pull after letting it sit there forever stuck in boot animation bootloop, so I did a battery pull and rebooted the phone and it loaded as normal with the M logo and then it went to the boot animation and keeps bootlooping the boot animation so I'm not sure what to do from here or if I did something wrong or what I need to do from here, by the way I was on 2.3.15 and used that sbf so before anyone asks I wasn't trying to go back. I know I'm not bricked cause it wants to boot I just feel like I'm missing something. PLEASE HELP!!

maderschramm

Reaction score
I just sbf'd for the first time on my DX following the instructions to a T and once the process in rsd-lite was complete it saud 100% and it said to manually reboot the phone so I unplugged the usb and did a battery pull after letting it sit there forever stuck in boot animation bootloop, so I did a battery pull and rebooted the phone and it loaded as normal with the M logo and then it went to the boot animation and keeps bootlooping the boot animation so I'm not sure what to do from here or if I did something wrong or what I need to do from here, by the way I was on 2.3.15 and used that sbf so before anyone asks I wasn't trying to go back. I know I'm not bricked cause it wants to boot I just feel like I'm missing something. PLEASE HELP!!

this can happen if the .sbf file was a botched download. redownload and try again

OP
MrSinister1

MrSinister1

Reaction score

this can happen if the .sbf file was a botched download. redownload and try again

thank you for the reply it's actually your guide I'm following so thank you for your help. I'm re-downloading right now and going to give it another shot.

OP
MrSinister1

MrSinister1

Reaction score
maderschramm I used the file and it's doing the same thing, it says please manually power up this phone(in rsd-lite v4.8) and under the progress section it says 100% executed and the phone is bootlooping the boot animation, help please

maderschramm

Reaction score
maderschramm I used the file and it's doing the same thing, it says please manually power up this phone(in rsd-lite v4.8) and under the progress section it says 100% executed and the phone is bootlooping the boot animation, help please

hm........instead of doing a battery pull after the sbf completes, try just powering it down with the power button. there's probably a final step it needs to complete. try that

tatuud

Reaction score
I have also read where people boot into recovery do a factory reset and that fixes them up. I just sbf'd last night and my phone just booted on its own all the way to start screen than I just unplugged it...weird. the factory reset might help, it did others.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
MrSinister1

MrSinister1

Reaction score
I have also read where people boot into recovery do a factory reset and that fixes them up. I just sbf'd last night and my phone just booted on its own all the way to start screen than I just unplugged it...weird. the factory reset might help, it did others.

thanks a million this fixed it, I can't believe I didn't think of that sooner, I could kiss you both right now, awesome. This is why I spend so much time in this forum the people are flat-out amazing.dancedroid

maderschramm

Reaction score

thanks a million this fixed it, I can't believe I didn't think of that sooner, I could kiss you both right now, awesome. This is why I spend so much time in this forum the people are flat-out amazing.dancedroid

so the factory reset fixed it? I'll update my FAQ to reflect this change so more people don't have this issue in the future. Thanks for being the guinea pig :D

tatuud

Reaction score
glad you're up and running again but Mad's advice was right on to begin with. i just remember reading somewhere that a factory reset after an sbf helped. good luck

Reaction score
glad you're up and running again but Mad's advice was right on to begin with. i just remember reading somewhere that a factory reset after an sbf helped. good luck

Nice that little things that you remember reading helps someone out in a big way ....

I am just reading through the forums while wiping my 2 iphone 3g phones to get them on ebay for the next sucker :icon_ banana:

tatuud

Reaction score
yes sir, i'm always glad to help whenever i can. people have answered every question i have ever had so i am just paying it forward. iphones, that's awesome, i hope you get big bucks for them