HELP! Droid X caught in boot loop... Help!

xygyx

Reaction score
Okay! Thank you for taking the time to help! I own 2 Droid X's. I flashed my other one with Liberty 2 rom, I tried flashing a new kernal for Gingerbread in the Nightlies option. So, in turn, I tried to recover using the bootstrap... failed attempt. However I can run the android recovery by the power button and menu key. I got a file off of my other droid x and renamed the rom to "Update.zip" ...... I wiped cache and data, installed update.zip which was previously Liberty 2 rom. It started to work.... then I got an abort due to signature verification.

What I need is an official "Update.zip" signed file I can use in the android recovery.

I would LOVE to sbf, however.... I don't own anytype of computer. My mac ft stolen :'(

So please any help is wanted!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
X

xygyx

Reaction score
Sorry for double post.

Or if its possible to resign a rom from my phone, I don't own a computer, I used the Z4 method to root. I have backups of my rom from clockwork, however I don't think that its going to run unless it's an official sign.... oh boy :'(

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if yu can only get in to stock recovery then there's no way you will be able to flash another rom. there's no way to bypass that signature verification or resign the zip file. if you can get in to clockwork then you may be able to restore a backup but you will most likely have to sbf.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Stuck in bootloop and no comp to sbf back to stock... um, I'm stumped.

Do you have the team black hat app? They had 4 .zip files that could be applied in clockwork that basically was a manual sbf. If you can find those you could put them on the SD card of the working x and then try to flash them onto the bricked x

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Looks like the 4 files are gone but they do have an update.zip version of 2.3.340

OP
X

xygyx

Reaction score
Thank you! Do you happen to have any links?
I appreciate it!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Do you have the team black hat app? They had 4 .zip files that could be applied in clockwork that basically was a manual sbf. If you can find those you could put them on the SD card of the working x and then try to flash them onto the bricked x

definitely something to try if you can get in to recovery. only problem i can see is i think they were system only sbf files which might not touch the kernal.

OP
X

xygyx

Reaction score
Basically, Im can to downlaod that update.zip to this sd, then goto my other x and install from this sd. I can access the android recovery though, aslong as I can install that rom I.should be fine... I wish I.could bypass the sig verification :(

CD95YJ

Reaction score
It use to be available from the market, now you have to buy it from their site. I had it before it was removed from the market so I haven't tried to get it off the web. I would try either mydroidworld.com or do a Google search for team black hat.

CD95YJ

Reaction score

definitely something to try if you can get in to recovery. only problem i can see is i think they were system only sbf files which might not touch the kernal.

One is the full 2.3.340 in update.zip format, or at least that's what the description says.

OP
X

xygyx

Reaction score
Lol. It would be nice to love in a world where Verizon would hand out official files and roms for the public ....lol. Wishful thinking though, Im going to try and find the TBH update.zip you guys mentioned, Ill brb.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Do you have a friend who would let you load rsdlite on their computer for 20-30 minutes?

OP
X

xygyx

Reaction score

One is the full 2.3.340 in update.zip format, or at least that's what the description says.

Can you share the source :0

OP
X

xygyx

Reaction score
Do you have a friend who would let you load rsdlite on their computer for 20-30 minutes?

Yea.... but DAMN. Lol! Gotta wait till this weekend... I can imagine myself going door to door asking a neighbor if I can use their computer xD! It would be cool to see an app that can sign roms. ;) Kinda like the old Dothalo days when you had to manually resign the maps so that the Xbox would read it as an official bungie file .... off topic.