3g problems on droid x

rlclife

Reaction score
I have had my droid x (rooted) for about 3 days now and I started having problems with my 3g. I run my xbox live with wifi tether and it worked perfect with my rooted droid 1 and it worked for the first day with my rooted droid x, but now for some reason my 3g keeps turning off in like 10-15 min. I've noticed it also turn off while I was just using the browser on the phone. I've noticed on other threads that other people are having 3g problems. I was wondering if there was any settings I can play around with. Or if anyone has found a solution to this. Any info would be really helpful

CD95YJ

Reaction score
It sounds like a network issue rather than a phone issue. Have you tried *228 option #2 to update your roaming files?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
R

rlclife

Reaction score
Im not that tech savy. What's *228 option 2

CD95YJ

Reaction score
*228 gets you into the ota programing / updating roaming of the phone from Verizon. #1- programs your phone to allow you to connect with the network, #2 updates roaming. Just dial *228 and listen to the prompts

OP
R

rlclife

Reaction score
I did that and did option 2 but its still not working and its starting to reboot a bunch of times

CD95YJ

Reaction score
What is rebooting, the phone?

Are you rooted and if so are you running a custom rom? Try booting into recovery and clearing cache, it should clear up the reboot issue. My 3g signal is very low right now too so it could easily be the network.

OP
R

rlclife

Reaction score
Well I restored my phone and im going to re root it right now. And I called my friend who also has a droid x and he said his 3g has been a little weird. So its probably Verizon. I also read something that there doing things to there towers to upgrade there 4g so its probably messing with our 3g

VIP3R

Reaction score
having 3g issues as well, i did the *228 thing , i have not did any updates or anything to the phone. i bought it a week ago had the 3g pop on like 2 days ago for about an hr then it went away and hasnt been on since....any ideas?