3g losing connectivity.

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
I notice as of late, I'll have great 3g, then all of a sudden I'll lose it, and I'll have to turn off/back on my phone for it to get good again, all while my g/f's droid1 maintains 3g access.

Droid x defective?

Got2BAndroid

Reaction score
you didn't say anything stupid. In fact, my Droid X does the same exact thing. Sometimes it will just start running on 1X connectivity, instead of 3G, even though 2 seconds before that i had great 3g connectivity. I'm not sure if everyone has this problem, but at least this post might give you a piece of mind.

OP
A

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
Thank you, mine does that as well, while my g/f's droid1 has perfect 3g. Very fustrating her droid1 can have 3g while my new droid x goes to 1x.

littleowl

Reaction score
I am also seeing this same problem.
Another thing that bugs me is when I make a phone call it drops 3g and 1x but leaves just bars. Sometimes I have 3 or 4 bars and others it will drop to 0 even though I hang up and have 3 bars in 3g.
I don't understand it and was hoping the 2.2 will fix it but have not rooted my phone to try and VZW is moving slow at getting the update to me.

OP
A

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
Interesting I don't have 3g bars. I only have 3g and two arrows underneath, then I have bars next to it which I assume is for general phone reception, I dont have separate bars for 3g.

dkst0426

Reaction score
I lose my 3G arrows from time to time in my living room as well, but even before getting my X, my wife and I noticed that our living room seemed to be a dead spot for call signal anyway.

donballz

Reaction score
My 3G rocks out at home but when I am at work (in a fairly major city downtown) 3G is awful and I am always in 1X which is the connection they have in hell. (God is already on LTE) My friend with an Incredible who sits right by me has a great connection. I think its the phone. Lame.

littleowl

Reaction score
Interesting I don't have 3g bars. I only have 3g and two arrows underneath, then I have bars next to it which I assume is for general phone reception, I dont have separate bars for 3g.

Sorry if I didn't explain it correctly. Mine is the same as you explain. I was referencing the bars beside the 3G.

I will have 3 bars and the 3G working fine. Than If I click the phone to call someone it will drop the 3G and arrows as well as the 3 signal bars. Most of the time it still makes the call and sounds fine but this is still a problem.

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
happens on both our droid x's. i notice it mostly, but not always, when getting off a phone call that started in 3g ending on 1x. this is on major highways in very high signal areas.

Reaction score
Same issue here. I thought it was just me. I will have great 3G then nothing.
I wonder if this a bug they plan to fix

WhySoSerious

Reaction score
Similar issue for me. Just got mine a week ago. 3g was beautiful at home and at work, an hour away. Suddenly yesterday, on my way to work it drops 3g and I didn't get it back till I got close to home last night. Again this morning the same thing happened. Either they are working on the 3g in my work's area, which a tech yesterday said everything was operating normally (fubar probably) or my phone has a 3g reception issue.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I think the 3g is messed up for everyone right now. I was using wireless tether for about 20 mins, and then it wouldnt connect. I turned it off and tried browsing a site using 3g on my phone and it doesnt load.

713King

Reaction score
I have the same problem and I call tech support and so they can trouble shoot make sure you call them when your phone is doing that so they can run some test.. They made me turn phone off, take battery out dial *228 after boot and it fixed it but than their is some times when the signal goes poop. I think is the phone? exchange please?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's not the phone itself per se, just the software, certainly not the network itself... But I tried that *228 thing, pressed 2 instead of 1, which "updates roaming capabilities", so far so good........ I wouldn't be the least big surprised if it didn't work but I will let you guys know if/when it fails.

And Airplane mode gives me 3G for a couple of seconds... Also I noticed when I lose 3G, it comes back for 3 seconds, then I lose it again, and when it comes back, I only have it for 3 seconds. So it sounds like a software issue, otherwise it probably wouldn't get 3G back for the same amount of time every time.