Please help me

Rmonaghan88

Reaction score
I rooted my droid x last week and have no problems. today I used my phone all day( took a trip had gps running all day). when i got home my phones browser wouldn't work and any app using the 3g network. i switched to wifi and had no problem. my phones status bar has the 3g up and running and in status it says it connected but nothing will work. what i have tried so far *228(1 and 2) factory reset, re loaded liberty rom, battery pull. any suggestions that you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.
p.s pretty sure i forgot to back up stock rom so going back to stock is not an option unless someone can post a how to install sbf. using a macbook. also used browser on GFs blackberry also verizon and it worked so I know its not the network.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I rooted my droid x last week and have no problems. today I used my phone all day( took a trip had gps running all day). when i got home my phones browser wouldn't work and any app using the 3g network. i switched to wifi and had no problem. my phones status bar has the 3g up and running and in status it says it connected but nothing will work. what i have tried so far *228(1 and 2) factory reset, re loaded liberty rom, battery pull. any suggestions that you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.
p.s pretty sure i forgot to back up stock rom so going back to stock is not an option unless someone can post a how to install sbf. using a macbook. also used browser on GFs blackberry also verizon and it worked so I know its not the network.

Well I don't know what the problem can be but I do know how you can flash an sbf with a Mac. I wrote up a guide on how to do so with the droid 1 but with the proper sbf files, it should work for the X as well. You need to install Ubuntu on your Mac through a virtual machine, it's all free. Worst case scenario, send me a PM and I can help you get it set up if need be. Hopefully someone can offer a simpler solution though.

lemodular

Reaction score
Have you tried reloading an older working backup? If that works, you can move forward from there. You may also try to load another ROM.