Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Once again, I agree with the advice given.

I also agree that I'm sorry you weren't helped sooner! I was working until a few hours ago and can't be of pretty much ANY help while I'm there unless it's an issue I can help solve on my break, but I usually like to just sit and veg out because work is rough. :D

OP
marcogiudice

marcogiudice

Reaction score
Normally updating the same rom don't need to wipe, but doesn't hurt for a clean install. The op had an issue with UD 9 and restored his backup. Needed to wipe data before restore to keep whatever corrupted UD 9 from getting to the UD 8 backup.
lol.. ok let me start over my computer lingo isnt up t o par i guess.. ok i installed ud 8 using sprecovery and nandroid. i did a back up of my v8 version 2 of them no less. ok then saw that ud v9 came out and wanted to see what it was about and install from update.zip in SPRecovery. saw that i wasnt crazy about ud v9 i wanted to go back to my v8 and when i did my gmail didnt work anymore on both copy and i did a complete wipe also when doing it to be safe

I gotcha....I've heard of google conectivity issues with UD lately. I would flash to another ROM makesure everything works then download UD 8 again and make sure everythings morking then. Also might want to let Blackdroid know about the gmail issue so he can see if there is a problem.

I just don't want you to be afraid to mod your phone. These things happen and I know it took a little bit to get to ya but there is a lot of help here.
see but thats whats werid about it. it works fines if i dont mess with it. but everytime i moved up in upgrade all of ud 8.1, 8.6.3, then v9 and went back is when i saw the problem.. other wise it works fine!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
lol.. ok let me start over my computer lingo isnt up t o par i guess.. ok i installed ud 8 using sprecovery and nandroid. i did a back up of my v8 version 2 of them no less. ok then saw that ud v9 came out and wanted to see what it was about and install from update.zip in SPRecovery. saw that i wasnt crazy about ud v9 i wanted to go back to my v8 and when i did my gmail didnt work anymore on both copy and i did a complete wipe also when doing it to be safe

I gotcha....I've heard of google conectivity issues with UD lately. I would flash to another ROM makesure everything works then download UD 8 again and make sure everythings morking then. Also might want to let Blackdroid know about the gmail issue so he can see if there is a problem.

I just don't want you to be afraid to mod your phone. These things happen and I know it took a little bit to get to ya but there is a lot of help here.
see but thats whats werid about it. it works fines if i dont mess with it. but everytime i moved up in upgrade all of ud 8.1, 8.6.3, then v9 and went back is when i saw the problem.. other wise it works fine!

Its definately weird. Maybe he doesn't want you going backward :icon_eek: j/k

Maybe try a completely fresh download of UD 8.

Does the market connect or is it just gmail?

OpalCat

Reaction score
engrish FTW! Honestly man you need to take a few extra seconds and type clearly the steps that you have taken and what you want to accomplish because this makes no sense at all...
No kidding! Learn to use some punctuation, for one thing. I couldn't get through even half of the original post.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
engrish FTW! Honestly man you need to take a few extra seconds and type clearly the steps that you have taken and what you want to accomplish because this makes no sense at all...
No kidding! Learn to use some punctuation, for one thing. I couldn't get through even half of the original post.

Ok let the first one go, but if you're just going to worry about grammar then don't post in here!!

People come here for help with issues not a grammar lesson.

OP
marcogiudice

marcogiudice

Reaction score

ya i can use the market and everything else, justnot gmail. and i did do a clean install thats the proble, i did it 3 times everytime i tried a new version and figured i guess v8 is where im goign to stay cuz i dont want to come across the that problem again if i dont like the new version. like u said i dont think it was meant to go back.. and i want to try the versions if i know i wont have to reinstall a clean version everytime i want to go back to a backup i already had.. you get me ? thanks for all ur help.. still cant figure out the problem tho but thanks for ur time. and for everyone ya i can be sloppy writting cuz im annoyed now nd just try to spped things up sorry ill be more aware next time

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

ya i can use the market and everything else, justnot gmail. and i did do a clean install thats the proble, i did it 3 times everytime i tried a new version and figured i guess v8 is where im goign to stay cuz i dont want to come across the that problem again if i dont like the new version. like u said i dont think it was meant to go back.. and i want to try the versions if i know i wont have to reinstall a clean version everytime i want to go back to a backup i already had.. you get me ? thanks for all ur help.. still cant figure out the problem tho but thanks for ur time. and for everyone ya i can be sloppy writting cuz im annoyed now nd just try to spped things up sorry ill be more aware next time

Don't worry about the typing.......we figured it out. I would take corinacakes up and talk to blackdroid in irc. Its his rom so might be better help.