please help ive been reaching out all day and no one answerd back

marcogiudice

Reaction score
first when i d/l'ed ud v9 frm sprecovery and update.zip it load ok but then wheni got the home screen i didnt get the options of the 4 home screens and i tried doing it twice then when i went back to my good copy of ud v8 everytime i did this messed up my gmail and i couldnt get it to work and had to reinstall the update.zip for v8 3 times everytime i tried a different version if ud and now i did a clean install and got everything working but nnow im scred to do any upgrades cuz if i dont like it and want to go back it will screw up my gmail... someone please help!!!!!!!!!

peterjariel

Reaction score
Maybe if you retype your post so we can understand what your talking about, you can get some help. What's your question?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok if a ROM doesn't work wipe data and cache before you do your restore. If you don't do this whatever is corrupt or wrong with the ROM not working will be transfered to your restore. As a good rule of thumb for any new ROM I wipe data and cache. It ensures a clean install 9.5 times out of 10. Just make a backup before the new ROM and you'll be fine. No need to be scared of modding just ask questions and learn from the forum. The info is here to save almost any situation.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Ok if a ROM doesn't work wipe data and cache before you do your restore. If you don't do this whatever is corrupt or wrong with the ROM not working will be transfered to your restore. As a good rule of thumb for any new ROM I wipe data and cache. It ensures a clean install 9.5 times out of 10. Just make a backup before the new ROM and you'll be fine. No need to be scared of modding just ask questions and learn from the forum. The info is here to save almost any situation.

From what I understand of the OP, he/she's trying to go from version 8 of UD to version 9 of UD via update.zip, not installing a new rom. I never wiped date/cache between updates of Bugless Beast...

Or am I reading the OP wrong...? :D

OP
marcogiudice

marcogiudice

Reaction score
ok i forgot to mention it but i always do a data cache wipe alays before i do anything believe ive been read these forums everyday since its opened and thats y im even stuped and worried now cuz even i cant figured it out i tried everything a normal root user would try i need some advancde advice

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

From what I understand of the OP, he/she's trying to go from version 8 of UD to version 9 of UD via update.zip, not installing a new rom. I never wiped date/cache between updates of Bugless Beast...

Normally updating the same rom don't need to wipe, but doesn't hurt for a clean install. The op had an issue with UD 9 and restored his backup. Needed to wipe data before restore to keep whatever corrupted UD 9 from getting to the UD 8 backup.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
ok i forgot to mention it but i always do a data cache wipe alays before i do anything believe ive been read these forums everyday since its opened and thats y im even stuped and worried now cuz even i cant figured it out i tried everything a normal root user would try i need some advancde advice

Ok....it is a little confusing then. It could be a UD issue. You can try flashing a different ROM. And then flash back to UD if that's your prefered ROM.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

Normally updating the same rom don't need to wipe, but doesn't hurt for a clean install. The op had an issue with UD 9 and restored his backup. Needed to wipe data before restore to keep whatever corrupted UD 9 from getting to the UD 8 backup.

Now that I understand what's going on, I completely agree. Try getting a fresh copy of the install file and fall jstafford's advice!

EDIT: Damn...Haha! Um...hmm...well...Ok. Here we go...Does UD offer a nandroid install? If so, I'd wipe everything and install again via nandroid. If that doesn't work, I guess the only other option really (that I can come up with right now) is to try flashing a different rom completely and THEN try UD again. Either way, I'd do a Nandroid, as it'll replace more of your files (and update only replaces things that have changed if I understand correctly, while a Nandroid installs ALL of the parts of the rom, replacing what you have)

Last edited:

zerosignal0

Reaction score
engrish FTW! Honestly man you need to take a few extra seconds and type clearly the steps that you have taken and what you want to accomplish because this makes no sense at all...

OP
marcogiudice

marcogiudice

Reaction score

lol.. ok let me start over my computer lingo isnt up t o par i guess.. ok i installed ud 8 using sprecovery and nandroid. i did a back up of my v8 version 2 of them no less. ok then saw that ud v9 came out and wanted to see what it was about and install from update.zip in SPRecovery. saw that i wasnt crazy about ud v9 i wanted to go back to my v8 and when i did my gmail didnt work anymore on both copy and i did a complete wipe also when doing it to be safe

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Thank you! What do you mean that your gmail didn't work? You couldn't sign into the phone at all, or the app wasn't working?

OP
marcogiudice

marcogiudice

Reaction score
Thank you! What do you mean that your gmail didn't work? You couldn't sign into the phone at all, or the app wasn't working?
no it would sign in but i couldnt send emails out it would just say send........ and stay there for hours and i tried *228 nothing

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

lol.. ok let me start over my computer lingo isnt up t o par i guess.. ok i installed ud 8 using sprecovery and nandroid. i did a back up of my v8 version 2 of them no less. ok then saw that ud v9 came out and wanted to see what it was about and install from update.zip in SPRecovery. saw that i wasnt crazy about ud v9 i wanted to go back to my v8 and when i did my gmail didnt work anymore on both copy and i did a complete wipe also when doing it to be safe

I gotcha....I've heard of google conectivity issues with UD lately. I would flash to another ROM makesure everything works then download UD 8 again and make sure everythings morking then. Also might want to let Blackdroid know about the gmail issue so he can see if there is a problem.

I just don't want you to be afraid to mod your phone. These things happen and I know it took a little bit to get to ya but there is a lot of help here.