Phonemypc vs logmein

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
really wish this app would work for me used to all the time, switched to logmein than logmein became 30 bux tried going back to this program and it keeps saying it cant find any pc's and i was sitting right next to the pc any ideas? i tried connecting like 5 times in a row.

DroidX-31

Reaction score
Worked great! Thanks for the very fast reply. The actions are a little bit hard/complicated and it'll take some getting used to but at least it's there. Hopefully you'll be done soon with the easier keyboard and mouse inputs. By the way, the keyboard input does not work very well with Swype and SwiftKey keyboards.

Also, I haven't received my registration key yet. I purchased this last night.

Thanks!

Reaction score
@dragonfly,

1) Double click the PhoneMyPC icon in your System tray
-- What version does it show?
-- Does it show (Connected)?

2) Tell me the version of the app on your phone:
-- Go to your Home screen
-- Press Menu, Settings
-- Press Applications
-- Press Manage Applications
-- Press PhoneMyPC
-- The version is near the top.

@DroidX

The license key feature is not active yet, so you can ignore this field. We will email keys before we activate it.

Swype's backspace doesn't work, and you can't "swype," but only type one letter at a time. We're working on that.

Swiftkey is just broken. They keyboard rarely shows up, and we've not figured this one out yet, but believe it is a bug in the keyboard and not PhoneMyPC.

We're working on it!

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
@dragonfly,

-- Press Menu, Settings
-- Press Applications
-- Press PhoneMyPC

Will get that info tonight for you hopefully we can get it working sux not being able to do it anymore :(

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
@dragonfly,

-- Press Menu, Settings
-- Press Applications
-- Press PhoneMyPC

1. The version on my pc is 2.0.2.1
2. Phone version is 2.0.2.3

Reaction score
@dragonfly,

You have the right versions (though an update to the Phone app is out, 2.0.2.4, and you should grab it when you can).

If you are consistently not finding your PCs, but the PC shows (Connected), I promise that your credentials do not match.

Email us. [email protected]. We would like to try to connect and verify.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
@dragonfly,

You have the right versions (though an update to the Phone app is out, 2.0.2.4, and you should grab it when you can).

If you are consistently not finding your PCs, but the PC shows (Connected), I promise that your credentials do not match.

Email us. [email protected]. We would like to try to connect and verify.

Ok ill check again later, does a capital letter throw it all off? just out of curiosity?

madmacabre

Reaction score
Just bought this app to control my gaming bots (cheating gamer boy):icon_evil:

Rehaan

Reaction score
* Turn on "Full Cursor Mode" by pressing the Search button on your phone (4th of the hardware buttons)

Ah! This is what i was looking for. Thanks.

A huge benefit is being able to ACCURATELY click something (ie using the cursor).

For some R&D do check out teamviewer (iphone) and WYSE (android - cool cursor implementation). I'm sure you've seen em -- but just incase :)

Few suggestions :

- Grayscale mode (assuming it will make the interaction faster over EDGE/GPRS/3G)?
- Pure wifi mode (faster) - ie directly input a local IP to connect to
- Confirmation of "direct connection established" (else i dont know if my port forwarding is working)
- Set your preferred cursor mode as default (in setting)
- Alternate function for long-pressing keys. Useful for phones that dont have many buttons - eg. Galaxy S
- Two finger scrolling & perhaps other gestures in "mouse & keyboard" mode

All the best with the upcoming next-version launch. (soon?)
cya
R

kwest12

Reaction score
This seems like a pretty good thread that hasn't been touched in a while so I thought I'd bump it.

Anyone have experience with the more recent versions of logmein ignition, phonemypc and teamviewer?

Also, does anyone know why teamviewer isn't on the android market?

I personally don't want a rdp app b/c for some reason they brawl with my computer. My buddy has tested phonemypc on my computer in the past and that seem to work so I'm assuming logmein and teamviewer would also work well.

Please let me know about your experiences more recently! Thanks.

Rehaan

Reaction score
Well, there really hasn't been a new version of PhoneMyPC in a loooooooong while (besides one tiny update a week back).

However, it *seems* like they have a major update just around the corner, since they mentioned that when this tiny update was released. Within a month perhaps? Lets hope so....

cya
R

kwest12

Reaction score
This seems like a pretty good thread that hasn't been touched in a while so I thought I'd bump it.

Anyone have experience with the more recent versions of logmein ignition, phonemypc and teamviewer?

Also, does anyone know why teamviewer isn't on the android market?

I personally don't want a rdp app b/c for some reason they brawl with my computer. My buddy has tested phonemypc on my computer in the past and that seem to work so I'm assuming logmein and teamviewer would also work well.

Please let me know about your experiences more recently! Thanks.

I am aware of the infrequent updates of phonemypc, but it didn't necessarily mean that logmein or teamviewer is better. Thus, my above questions still stand. Thanks for the response though.

douglascm

Reaction score
bug with PhoneMyPC

Be careful with PhoneMyPC PC software.

Software: PhoneMyPC PC software 32bit version 2.0.2.2

I was looking for a remote desktop app that can pass through NAT network, when I have no rights to configure port mapping.
Just tried PhoneMyPC and uninstalled the PC software. I found that I cannot connect to L2TP VPN on my desktop anymore! error code 789. After system restore I managed to roll back and able to connect to that L2TP VPN again.
I tried it on two desktops, same problem.

I am going to try TeamViewer or Logmein.

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Sorry for being so quite for so long; we've been heads-down getting a release out.

It's out :)

The PC software is now 2.0.2.4. Customers with the previous version (2.0.2.2) will have received the update automatically; if there are issues, it can be downloaded and installed manually after an uninstall (Download « SoftwareForMe.com)

The Android software is 2.0.2.8. It has our first release of Audio, new toolbars, more touch gestures, and a whole lot more. See the revision list here:
Beta News « SoftwareForMe.com

As for the post above, about L2TP, I can assure you PhoneMyPC could not cause this issue. It is remotely possible that an anti-virus program might disable the network, but we've tested a lot of combinations with no issues.

For some quick info: PhoneMyPC connects to our servers using SSL over TCP port 443. This is the most allowed, trusted and innocuous network use possible, and if this caused problems, so would your browser when you checked gmail or your bank.

PhoneMyPC also listens for possible connections on port 49300 (or any other port that you specify in settings), and this is how direct-connects are done. Some anti-virus software (and even Windows Firewall) will alert on this, and this is as it should be. But even if you do not open the firewall (in which case this listener is meaningless, and you cannot direct-connect), PhoneMyPC will use the connection through our servers to get the work done.

Anyway, douglascm, if you will email us our exact setup, we'll be happy to double and tripple check. Networking is our specialty, so we shouldn't be wrong, but, well, we have been before :)

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
So how do you get audio to work? Audio was a huge reason I purchased the app but I can't seem to find any options on it.