Phonemypc vs logmein

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by razorseal, Jun 1, 2010.

1. razorseal

razorseal New Member

logmein is crazy! they want a good amount of money for their app. min of 2 comps will cost over 20 bux a month! then look at phonemypc... it's 10 bux and that's it!

I wish logmein was a bit cheaper, or phonemypc has a pc to pc app like logmein did :(

sorry, I just had to share because I'm real upset I can't have the best of both worlds lol.

btw, phonemypc is MUCH faster

who is using what? logmein or phonemypc?
  2. Newton122189

Newton122189 New Member

you dont have to pay for logmein, the free just has fewer features, but i use phonemypc, for droid to computer it is hands down the best, but obviously it doesnt have a desktop client, so i guess it depends on what you need
  3. razorseal

razorseal New Member

I really wish they had a PC to PC app as well!
  4. SoftwareForMe.com

SoftwareForMe.com New Member

We'll make a PC client, and frankly, it'll be pretty simple to do compared to the Android one. We'll probably start with a downloadable program, capture user feedback and then port it to Flash or Java for a good browser-based experience.

The thing is: we're a small group and we started from scratch. LogMeIn is a sizable organization and has been around a while. So, we're not as fast as we'd like to be, but we'll catch up. Enthusiasm beats revenue any day :)

Oh, and in our testing, PhoneMyPC was much faster and also used less battery. Our lead there will only grow, as I expect internet and cellular bandwidth to grow vastly in the next couple years.
  5. nphil

nphil New Member

I agree, PhoneMyPc seems to be a LOT faster on my Droid. I can even watch freaking videos! I realize that LogMeIn is just a beta, but PhoneMyPc in its current state is a lot faster, the multitouch actually works and is a lot cheaper too (once they release logmein stable)

BTW, any ETA on sound?
  6. joker402

joker402 New Member

Phonemypc ftw been using it for months and no complaints plus unless people know its installed or I set the icon on the tool bar no on knows when ill strike.
  7. lumpysherman

lumpysherman New Member

Using logmein for the mac.
  8. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I don't know if PhoneMyPC is 15 people, 5 people, or just one person... but I have to say hands down this is an incredible application and very well supported by its creator. I have done so many useful things like emailed myself files I forgot while at work, even changed a few images in an app then sent it to my phone, all from miles away. With the new updates coming soon, this app is the one.
  9. dragonfly1113

dragonfly1113 New Member

Personally i'd choose logmein over phonemypc but only because i've been using logmein on every machine i've ever worked on in the past via another pc so when i need to help someone with computer issues i just use the logmein app since i've already loaded the necessary software plus pc to pc logmein is amazing.
    and for OP logmein has different versions and there is a free one and free is much better than 10 bucks in my mind, dont plan on watching videos through my pc on my droid, if i want that ill just put the movie in dropbox or directly onto the phone.
  10. kastein

kastein New Member

For PC to PC try teamviewer.com....been using it for years and it's free for personal use.
  11. motodroid34

motodroid34 New Member

I Know with win 7 I can't use any program because it does not have/support sharing. Can't remenber exactly what it is.

But any way I'm using logmein FREE vercion right now and it work just fine.
    i would like to get Phone my pc but not sure if it works with win 7.

Is any one with win7 using phonemypc????
  12. motodroid34

motodroid34 New Member

Yep.
    Thas what I use to fix my friend pc the other day.
  13. kastein

kastein New Member

Yes all my computers are on Windows 7 and I have no problem with phone my pc or logmein.

14. blamejake

blamejake New Member

I may be wrong, but one of the distinctions I see between the two apps is that 'LogMeIn' can get through Firewalls whereas 'PhoneMyPC' does/can not.

For example, 'LogMeIn' allowed me to log into my remote PC (storing that PC's credentials), while 'PhoneMyPC' does not (appear to) provide that capability.

Is this accurate or am I missing a 'PhoneMyPC' capability?

Thanks.
  15. coondogg97

coondogg97 New Member

I started with PhoneMyPC and due to the security issues and lack of options I switched to LogMeIn and have been very happy. PhoneMyPC is great if you want the basic options of connecting to an unlocked machine. I haven't needed to use either companies support but have heard a lot of good things about the support for PhoneMyPC. But I know the PhoneMyPC updates take forever and they tend to make a lot of empty promises. There have only been two updates I believe since the software came out last year.

HTH
  16. HyBReD

HyBReD New Member

I used phonemypc initially and gave logmen a shot because their logmein remote assistant website is quite awesome. However the app for the droid is not. Its slow, clunky and downright annoying at times. PhoneMyPC is muuuch faster and doesnt connect to my pc in some mundane way. My only complaint with pmpc is that at times itll just drop connection with my computer all together and the only way I can get it working again is to reboot the application on my pc. Which I do through logmein :). Anyway, I look forward to your pc-to-pc program as im sick of having to create dummy logmein accounts just to help a friend or family member for 5 minutes every couple weeks.

Typed up on my DInc so forgive the spelling/grammar.
  17. razorseal

razorseal New Member

I used both apps today and logmein pc to pc is great, but phone to pc with logmein is just downright annoying right now. clicking wouldn't work, I can't pinch to zoom yet, and the quality is just very low. when the quality is both at highest, phonemypc is MUCH better. now i'm not sure if it's because logmein is much bigger so they have alot more connections going on compared to phonemypc, but also phonemypc is SOOOOO easy to setup! I didn't even understand how the heck it worked at 1st cuz you don't sign up anywhere or anything
  18. chris98891

chris98891 New Member

does anybody know if phonemypc works with multiple monitors? I have a system with 5 monitors that i need to see, and logmein can see all of them, or can see them individually, but as has been said in this thread, its pretty slow and clunky, and mildly expensive. thanks for any input!
  19. SoftwareForMe.com

My coworker Scott just answered an email and commented "We should put back the option to view all monitors as one seamless image," and then I found this thread post. From the contents of both, we're guessing they have the same author.

The answer is: Yes. But you must pick them from the menu, one at a time. In other words you can see any number, but no more than one at a time.

We removed the ability to do the latter, but are now considering putting it back.
  20. SoftwareForMe.com

I just had a chance to read the rest of the posts in this thread. Here are a few bits of info regarding what's been said:

* PhoneMyPC is definately "firewall friendly." The only issue with firewalls is the port we use to connect to our servers (49200), but this issue will go away with the next release (switching back to 443)

* There are been 15 'significant' releases, and two not-so significant ones since PhoneMyPC was released. That's an average of one update about every 3.25 weeks. The current one has been a big PR problem because it is very late. Still, we believe it is worth the wait, and we are doing the right thing. We goofed for sure, but the proper solution is to release a good update, not a rushed one.
Search tags for this page
backspace doesn't work logmein android
better than phonemypc
logmein for android vs. phonemypc
logmein ignition galaxy s3 double typing problem
phone my pc license key
phone my pc or logmein
phone my pc vs logmein
phonemypc license key android
phonemypc review

phonemypc vs logmein

phonemypc vs logmein ignition