Phonemypc vs logmein

razorseal

Reaction score
logmein is crazy! they want a good amount of money for their app. min of 2 comps will cost over 20 bux a month! then look at phonemypc... it's 10 bux and that's it!

I wish logmein was a bit cheaper, or phonemypc has a pc to pc app like logmein did :(

sorry, I just had to share because I'm real upset I can't have the best of both worlds lol.

btw, phonemypc is MUCH faster

who is using what? logmein or phonemypc?

Newton122189

Reaction score
you dont have to pay for logmein, the free just has fewer features, but i use phonemypc, for droid to computer it is hands down the best, but obviously it doesnt have a desktop client, so i guess it depends on what you need

OP
R

razorseal

Reaction score
I really wish they had a PC to PC app as well!

Reaction score
We'll make a PC client, and frankly, it'll be pretty simple to do compared to the Android one. We'll probably start with a downloadable program, capture user feedback and then port it to Flash or Java for a good browser-based experience.

The thing is: we're a small group and we started from scratch. LogMeIn is a sizable organization and has been around a while. So, we're not as fast as we'd like to be, but we'll catch up. Enthusiasm beats revenue any day :)

Oh, and in our testing, PhoneMyPC was much faster and also used less battery. Our lead there will only grow, as I expect internet and cellular bandwidth to grow vastly in the next couple years.

nphil

Reaction score
I agree, PhoneMyPc seems to be a LOT faster on my Droid. I can even watch freaking videos! I realize that LogMeIn is just a beta, but PhoneMyPc in its current state is a lot faster, the multitouch actually works and is a lot cheaper too (once they release logmein stable)

BTW, any ETA on sound?

joker402

Reaction score
Phonemypc ftw been using it for months and no complaints plus unless people know its installed or I set the icon on the tool bar no on knows when ill strike.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I don't know if PhoneMyPC is 15 people, 5 people, or just one person... but I have to say hands down this is an incredible application and very well supported by its creator. I have done so many useful things like emailed myself files I forgot while at work, even changed a few images in an app then sent it to my phone, all from miles away. With the new updates coming soon, this app is the one.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
Personally i'd choose logmein over phonemypc but only because i've been using logmein on every machine i've ever worked on in the past via another pc so when i need to help someone with computer issues i just use the logmein app since i've already loaded the necessary software plus pc to pc logmein is amazing.
and for OP logmein has different versions and there is a free one and free is much better than 10 bucks in my mind, dont plan on watching videos through my pc on my droid, if i want that ill just put the movie in dropbox or directly onto the phone.

motodroid34

Reaction score
We'll make a PC client, and frankly, it'll be pretty simple to do compared to the Android one. We'll probably start with a downloadable program, capture user feedback and then port it to Flash or Java for a good browser-based experience.

The thing is: we're a small group and we started from scratch. LogMeIn is a sizable organization and has been around a while. So, we're not as fast as we'd like to be, but we'll catch up. Enthusiasm beats revenue any day :)

Oh, and in our testing, PhoneMyPC was much faster and also used less battery. Our lead there will only grow, as I expect internet and cellular bandwidth to grow vastly in the next couple years.

I Know with win 7 I can't use any program because it does not have/support sharing. Can't remenber exactly what it is.

But any way I'm using logmein FREE vercion right now and it work just fine.
i would like to get Phone my pc but not sure if it works with win 7.

Is any one with win7 using phonemypc????

kastein

Reaction score
Yes all my computers are on Windows 7 and I have no problem with phone my pc or logmein.

I Know with win 7 I can't use any program because it does not have/support sharing. Can't remenber exactly what it is.

But any way I'm using logmein FREE vercion right now and it work just fine.
i would like to get Phone my pc but not sure if it works with win 7.

Is any one with win7 using phonemypc????

blamejake

Reaction score
I may be wrong, but one of the distinctions I see between the two apps is that 'LogMeIn' can get through Firewalls whereas 'PhoneMyPC' does/can not.

For example, 'LogMeIn' allowed me to log into my remote PC (storing that PC's credentials), while 'PhoneMyPC' does not (appear to) provide that capability.

Is this accurate or am I missing a 'PhoneMyPC' capability?

Thanks.

coondogg97

Reaction score
I started with PhoneMyPC and due to the security issues and lack of options I switched to LogMeIn and have been very happy. PhoneMyPC is great if you want the basic options of connecting to an unlocked machine. I haven't needed to use either companies support but have heard a lot of good things about the support for PhoneMyPC. But I know the PhoneMyPC updates take forever and they tend to make a lot of empty promises. There have only been two updates I believe since the software came out last year.

HTH