Phone shuts off many times during the day ...

Stab

Reaction score
I don't know exactly when it started, but for some time now my Razr Maxx shuts itself down often ... I always keep my phone in the pocket of my pants and when I get it out, many times it is turned off and I have to turn it on again.

For a while I thought that it was probably because the power button touches my leg or something and it gets pressed or something... But last time it happened after I toke the phone of the charger and carried it to another room. When I wanted to use it, it was turned off again. Very annoying.

What could this be? I have tried a 'factory reset' but that didn't solve it.

Anyone have an idea? Is there a way to 'lock' the phone or prevent it from being able to shut it off by holding the power button? Other ideas?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
When you did the reset, did you put all of the same apps back on right away? It's probably an app that your phone doesn't like.

OP
S

Stab

Reaction score
When you did the reset, did you put all of the same apps back on right away? It's probably an app that your phone doesn't like.

Hmm, only some of them.

Whatsapp
Facebook
Advanced task killer
Flashlight

That's it...

YellowJacket

Reaction score
try removing the microSD memory card and see if that helps. I've had problems with bad cards in the past and its always a possibility since the factory reset didn't help.

David

OP
S

Stab

Reaction score
I have no MicroSD card installed...

I have removed many apps but it still happened a couple of times when I toke it out of my pocket.
Except for that 1 time when I toke it of the charger, it always happened when I toke it out my pocket.

I think that the powerbutton is pushed while the phone is in my pocket by my pants or something. The phone doesn't shut off when it's just laying on the table.

Does this happen to more people? Should I buy a 'cover' that prevents the power button from being pushed maybe?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Even if the power button was being pushed in your pocket, you'd still have to select "shut down" for it to, unless the Razr Maxx doesn't have a menu when you press it. Do your palms hit the screen when you take it out your pocket?