Maxx Shuts Off by itself - False Low Battery?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by phillipsjosh2415, Mar 6, 2012.

1. tomad9

tomad9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well my Maxx was getting the BSOD and I called 611 and they though it was the SIM card told me to bring it into store, I brought it into store and the person said it was the phone and they shipped me a recertified phone but no SIM card. I have had bad luck with recertified phones from verizon, it is like they don't even check them and send them out but this one seems good so I am giving it a go with old SIM card, oh well we will see.

2. kellygh5

kellygh5 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Phillipsjosh2415 et al, I hope y'all get your issues figured out. I have no advice, but I have been following battery related threads to learn. Tomad9, my Maxx is a replacement to the G'Nex. I had 3 LNR to my original/NIB G'Nex. My 4th G'Nex was the best & better than my brand new one, albeit still with issues. I was wary of the LNR Maxx, but it was the best option for me. I couldn't be happier! Some adjustments and minor irritations (none related to phone performance), but I continue to be pleased. I have had ZERO issues with my replacement Maxx, and I'm getting very good battery life with helpful suggestions from Trash Can & FoxKat. There is hope :) Good Luck, y'all!

3. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same symptoms

Follow up info.

Have had the same problem for 2 months now. Lots of ideas from the forum, helpful and insightful, but no permanent fix.

My second maxx as the first had a screen issue ( hardware) and was replaced. So I traded the screen issue for a battery issue.
    I keep my charger handy. I struggle along and probably will continue until I get a discounted upgrade.

Any follow up on this issue?

4. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +42
    How long do you estimate before it dies? Is it hours after a charge or days?

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

5. ELAYDE

ELAYDE New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Maxx
    Hey all, I have had my Droid Maxx for a little over a month and have not had any problems with it. I left it off and powered it up out of the box, reboot it once a day and even charge it whenever I can to try to keep it above 50%. (all from advice from my friend who is a phone/tablet junkie) Last night was the first time I have let the battery completely drain completely to 0. I took the charger to my new job anticipating heavy battery drain from the navigation and forgot it there... Anyways, even tho i completely charged the battery after it drained, It has been turning off on it's own. At first I thought it was getting too hot in my pocket so I left it on the kitchen counter, I came back to it being off again. Just a moment ago I picked it up off the couch to find it off, and then I was literally scrolling thru the posts on this site and it went dark. I am thinking of trying the steps from raygun91 but I was wondering if I should back up my numbers/photos first or if they will stay on the phone after the reset. This is my first smart phone (well in about 5-6 years anyways) and I'm not fully up to date on everything and my "guru" has used up all his data/texts/minutes since he recently moved to a different state lol. Thanks in advance!

6. sajokaz

sajokaz Platinum Member

Ratings:
    +3,192
    Current Phone Model:
    Custom Droid Turbo 2
    Hello @ELAYDE. You mentioned that you have a Droid MAXX. Were you aware that you put your post in an older thread (from 2012) for the Droid RAZR MAXX (a completley different phone than the new Droid Maxx)? There is a dedicated thread for the Droid Maxx. You might want to post your question there & you might have better luck with more people seeing it that are familiar with your phone.

7. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,109
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    ^^^^^they have a good point..

But I'd say power it off, plug it in and let it charge 100%. Power it back on and try it out. If it continues to happen... See below...

If it keeps happening, theres a couple of ways of handling it.. One is to download gsam battery monitor from the play store and use it to monitor what's happening... If you're inexperienced.. This could be frustrating and bothersome... But it could show you if there's a battery drain causing your device to shut off..

Option two.. Back up your pics and contacts and music, do a factory data reset.. Then if it continues to happen, you know its a hardware issue and you would then request a warranty replacement device.

I think charging your maxx to 100% powered off will get things going in the right direction..

Remember to turn off your gps and other features you're not using... This will prolong your battery life.. Remember that signal strength and screen on time will greatly effect your battery life as well.. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BEEonTHYME

BEEonTHYME New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Razr Maxx
    I know this is an old thread. I've had this phone since November 2011. RAZR Maxx. I have been getting the BSOD ( black screen of death) every Saturday or Sunday for months and months. Interestingly...every weekend.
    The exact thing happens that the person who started this thread described.
    I had issues with battery in May 2014. Not holding a charge. So I bought a replacement battery and switched it out. I watched YouTube videos on how to do it. Much easier than I thought it was going to be. The battery holds a charge again. However...every Saturday or Sunday early morning ...like 4 am or 5 am the phone goes black screen. I know the battery is fully charged. I keep phone next to my pillow as it is my alarm as well as my only source for internet as I am in rural area. There is a tower about a mile away from me.
    I turn it off and on for sometimes hours...until it gets tired of the game and stays on.
    I unplug and plug it in. A white light flashes on and I keep turning it on and it keeps dying and I don't give up. Eventually... it stays on. Until next weekend... I am a conspiracy theory type. Ha. I think Verizon has a switch they flip to force people with old phones that they think should be upgraded.
    It certainly is odd. Especially since its NOT RANDOM.

#32 BEEonTHYME, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  9. FoxKat

FoxKat Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,799
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo, and Nexus 6!
    Wow. Maybe the phone needs to be exorcized... Just kidding. Really though, that's a very strange one. I'm wondering if somehow the local tower may be going into a system update or some other type of maintenance state on the weekend and it's causing this. The regularity of it seems to suggest a schedule of some sort and not just the position of the pin on your calendar.

Getting it back in normal operating mode seems morbidly frustrating. So sorry you're having this trouble but I'm stumped as to how to fix it. Have you tried a full factory restore?

10. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,109
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    Yup.. Exorcized.. Make it do some push-ups lol :)

11. BEEonTHYME

BEEonTHYME New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Razr Maxx
    Hello. I'm back. It's Saturday.
    You'll never guess what my phone did?! It shut off! I happened to be holding it and looking at it when it shut off. I looked at clock. It was exactly 5 p.m.---I kept trying to restart it...and it took until 8:20 p.m. to stop its nonsense. It usually happens at 5
    a.m., but it waited until 5 p.m. today. Exactly 5p.m.
    You Asked if I had done a factory restore, and I have. I had to be at work because I needed the "other" phone to talk to Verizon tech support while we tried "everything". The factory restore was done in May 2014.
    I uninstalled all apps too. I waited to reply here, because I was kind of hoping it would stop once I complained out loud to the universe.
    I plan on posting this phone problem on my towns Facebook swap/sell site. I am rural, as I have stated previously... and I don't
    really know my neighbors. But I have to put it out there and see if anyone else is experiencing this power issue with their Android. Someone else HAS TO BE HAVING THIS SAME PROBLEM?! It's just too well timed to be a coincidence.

12. BEEonTHYME

BEEonTHYME New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Razr Maxx
    I only have internet on phone. It was exceptionally annoying when it shut down because I was in an auction bidding situation and phone died and I lost the auction. GRRR!

Search tags for this page
android razr maxx shuts off by itself and turns on by itself
droid maxx keeps shutting off
droid maxx shuts off
droid maxx shuts off by itself
droid maxx turns itself off
droid maxx turns off

droid maxx turns off by itself

droid maxx wont turn on
droid razr false full battery
droid razr turning on and off by itself