Razr Maxx Battery Issues...

aad51423

Reaction score
I'm just looking for some other opinions before I spend the money on a replacement battery for my maxx.
A few days ago I plugged my phone into my car charger and the phone immediately died. While plugged in to the car charger I couldn't turn it back on or get it to do anything until I unplugged it again.
That night when I went to charge it on the OEM charger and the phone showed the little charging icon but according to gsam the battery was draining while plugged in.

Any charger other that the OEM charger immediately kills the phone.

The only way I can get the battery to charge is to turn the phone off and leave it on the charger for 12+ hours.

The phone has been getting really hot while doing this charging.

If I leave the phone on and keep it plugged in the phone will get very hot and shut off on its own.

I am well past the warranty so I can't take it back to Verizon (my plan is up in February), but I can't go without my phone every night after work while it charges.

Should I replace the battery or do you guys think it's a different problem?

guyinlaca

Reaction score
Your mileage may vary on this one, but I've seen Verizon/Motorola honor extended warranty for the MAXX due to the jelly bean update. A relative of mine had a MAXX that had continuous 4G connection drops and battery life problems after the update. Verizon swapped the phone with a "like new" RAZR MAXX HD. The rep referred to it as the "alternate replacement" option.

I really have to commend Verizon for being lenient on warranty when a software update that they issued caused the phone's performance to suffer. That said they may take this on a case by case basis.

I'm just looking for some other opinions before I spend the money on a replacement battery for my maxx.
A few days ago I plugged my phone into my car charger and the phone immediately died. While plugged in to the car charger I couldn't turn it back on or get it to do anything until I unplugged it again.
That night when I went to charge it on the OEM charger and the phone showed the little charging icon but according to gsam the battery was draining while plugged in.

Any charger other that the OEM charger immediately kills the phone.

The only way I can get the battery to charge is to turn the phone off and leave it on the charger for 12+ hours.

The phone has been getting really hot while doing this charging.

If I leave the phone on and keep it plugged in the phone will get very hot and shut off on its own.

I am well past the warranty so I can't take it back to Verizon (my plan is up in February), but I can't go without my phone every night after work while it charges.

Should I replace the battery or do you guys think it's a different problem?

OP
A

aad51423

Reaction score
Do you have insurance?

I don't have insurance. But I figured out how to fix the issue.
I did a restart through the recovery boot menu. Not sure why this worked but it did.
Not a recovery or a factory reset....just went to the menu and selected restart.

Thanks for the tips.