Maxx Shutting Off

OP
C

Claudia

Reaction score
Claudia, the Maxx is under a year old so it still is under warranty... call Verizon and get a replacement.

They told me there is no warranty because I didn't buy it from them.

Sent from my Rooted Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

Call Motorola... they should still stand by the manufacturers warranty.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Claudia said:

That has never been true before. Verizon has honored warranties for me on a phone I bought used off eBay, one from Craigslist, a phone I bought through wirefly, and a phone I bought through Costco. Actually the Costco phone they just replaced in July and was two weeks over warranty and they covered it because we had brought it in for the problem when it was covered. Each and everytime they were informed where I purchased the phone and each and every time they said it doesn't matter where it is purchased...it only matters if it's under a year old. I think the person you talked to mispoke.

virgil71468

Reaction score
Droid101 said:
If its the plastic covering that's what is put over the phone during shipping it can be taken off if that is the plastic coating

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

It was, duh@me

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

virgil71468

Reaction score
virgil71468 said:
The battery is charging and discharging. It just randomly restarts. Idk why

Have tried Everything but fdr. We've had these phones since friday and my wife's has restarted about 15 different time so far. Mine did once today.

OP
C

Claudia

Reaction score
Just called verizon, it's a no-go. Since I bought it used from someone else. I'll try Motorola tomorrow, but he said they'll probably deny it too. Crossing my fingers though.
How does one clear "cash", as previously stated?
What else can we try?
Thanks.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
You should have no problems with Motorola. I bought two different phones used (an LG and an incredible) and Verizon honored the warranty even after I insisted that I bought them used (I didn't want to find myself being charged later when they saw that they were used). Verizon said it didn't matter as long as the phone was under a year old. I wonder if they changed their policies.

virgil71468

Reaction score
Even fdr didn't fix power cycling so vzw sending Another razr maxx

OP
C

Claudia

Reaction score
Talked to Motorola, they're going to repair it. It wouldn't power on anymore.
Anyone with experience, do they usually repair or send a refurbished replacement?

Meanwhile, he'll be using my old Bionic. ;)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It is possible they will send you a refurbished phone. If it's not too late, make sure you copy/backup what you want to save off the phone before you send it in.

OP
C

Claudia

Reaction score
Thanks, Tis.
We had already saved everything before the FDR.
We never had a phone die like that, all on it's own, with no real fault from us.
He would connect it to the oem charger every night around 11pm, and disconnect every morning around 7am. Always on.
Anything different we should do? Should we power off when charging at night, or just every once in a while for a true full charge?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
No, it should not charge like that and you should not have to turn it off every night.

Caesars

Reaction score
When i had my Droid x2 (that i bought from a dealer), Verizon tried telling me that it was out of warranty because i didn't buy it at a corp store.

Basically Verizon doesn't need to warranty your/my phones because they didn't manufacture them. However if you stick with it, you can probably get them to crack :) either way, good luck with Motorola :)

Return of the Android

OP
C

Claudia

Reaction score
Thanks, Caesars.
It's in Motorola's hands as of Thursday. I hope they get it resolved soon. We were told they would send it back within 5 business days. I'm eager to find out what was wrong with it.
I'm guessing it'll be a dead battery....

vance1980

Reaction score
I don't know if I got extremely lucky or not but I have had my Maxx since it came out and have had no problems what so ever. The battery is starting to take a toll now. I mean it just doesn't do as well as it once did.....and maybe a few shutoffs here and there but really think its been a great phone. My wife thought I would
be out there getting the new iphone 5 when it came out and I just can't let go of my Maxx. So, I would suggest maybe swapping it out for a new one or paying the eextra 150 to get the HD. It really is a great phone. dancedroid