Battery Issues with Maxxs

erasmi

Reaction score
Settings->Wireless & networks->Mobile networks->Network mode->CDMA only

I made some other changes at the time, too, but believe this was my biggest battery drainer. Let me know your results! (Oh, and not a stupid question.)

Thanks, I'll let you know. I have a lot of reading/tweaking to do.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well what are your problems?

The phones battery life is back down... way down. I can use 30% of the battery in 30 mins. The phone is sluggish... I mean really sluggish. Lets put it this way, remember when the DROIDX came out and how slow it is by today's standards? Its a rocket ship compared to my maxx.

When viewing web pages, after the double tap to fit to screen.... when I scroll up or any direction, the phone will zoom in and out like a spastic telephoto lens.

When the phone is in portrait mode and plugged in, it will time out in 15 second intervals approximately, even if the phone isn't idle... that's with the time out set at 1, 2 or 10 minutes.

Its started rebooting... screen warm to the touch when it's been sitting idle.

Proximity sensor issues too, when pulling the phone away from your ear, to end a call.... the phone isn't turning the screen back on. I have to manually wake it up.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

MightyT01

Reaction score
Recently rooted my Maxx and froze a lot of bloat, installed adaway, and badass battery app and switched down to 3G. I definitely see an improvement in my battery life.

Tapped from my Droid Razr Maxx

erasmi

Reaction score
Settings->Wireless & networks->Mobile networks->Network mode->CDMA only

I made some other changes at the time, too, but believe this was my biggest battery drainer. Let me know your results! (Oh, and not a stupid question.)

I can already tell it's making a huge difference with my battery life switching from 4g to 3g. I must be right on the edge of a 4G area. Thanks!

Andielyn

Reaction score
I can already tell it's making a huge difference with my battery life switching from 4g to 3g. I must be right on the edge of a 4G area. Thanks!

Awesome! Glad it helped! I am more convinced that was what was giving me less-than-expected battery life initially.