phone on vibrate

Anthony 23

Reaction score
Hi. when i have my phone on vibrate, it does not vibrate when i get a text message. often times, i wont know i have a message till, i look at phone. i keep my phone in my shirt pocket at work, i often times dont want to have to keep checking if i get i message. is there something i can do to get the phone to vibrate when i get a message? Thanks:motdroidhoriz:

Dunc

Reaction score
Are you rooted? I've noticed this happening with mine as well and I just attributed the problem to my being rooted.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since you did not mention what sms app you are using, I'm thinking you are using the stock app.
Tap menu, tap, settings, look for Notification settings, check the notifications box and check the vibration box. If you want a ring tone follow that path.

Hope this helps.

Mike

OP
Anthony 23

Anthony 23

Reaction score
vibrate

Thanks. I went into the settings and checked where it said vibrate for calls. It does not say for text messages. Will this still work? Yes I have the messaging that came with phone

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you check the settings in the messaging app not the main menu? Open messaging, and tap menu then follow the steps I posted above.

Mike