Vibration on Text messages

mbrown1253

Reaction score
I will apologize upfront first because I assume someone has had this problem and I haven't searched for it. I wasn't sure exactly what keywords to search so here this is my apology upfront

My Question: I cannot get my phone to vibrate when I get a text message, it vibrates fine for phone calls but nothing for texts. I have gone into the settings and the box next to Vibrate is checked. I have tried turning this setting on and off, tried turning the phone on and off, I am just befuddled...

Please, can someone help me figure this out?

Also, when my phone is set to vibrate only mode, when receiving a text, I still get nothing. Of course I don't get a sound, but I also get no vibration there.

alm0614

Reaction score
you need to go under the messaging app, then hit menu and settings and check the vibration box

OP
M

mbrown1253

Reaction score
I have gone into the settings and the box next to Vibrate is checked. I have tried turning this setting on and off, tried turning the phone on and off, I am just befuddled...

Not to be rude, but I have said that I have done this and I am still not getting vibration...

alm0614

Reaction score
you said the settings, you didnt specify if it was the general settings from the home screen or setting under the messaging app, cause they are different settings

OP
M

mbrown1253

Reaction score
I apologize, but yes, in the messaging application, using the menu "button" and at the very bottom of settings, the box labeled Vibrate is checked.

alm0614

Reaction score
i would try downloading handcent or SMS popup to see if their vibration settings will work

OP
M

mbrown1253

Reaction score
I downloaded Handcent and the vibration still did not work. I didn't expect it to. The day before I was going to go to Verizon to complain, I found someone talking about the APP Smart Vibrator and fell in love. This app made my phone vibrate for phone calls and text messages and I could even customize how I wanted the vibration to me. Love it.

mslal

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up about Smart Vibrate. My new-text vibrate alert stopped after I downloaded some app. Uninstalled (dont even remember the apps name), battery pull, etc never brought it back.