Phone may be bricked/roasted?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I mentioned that when I tried to reinstall any nandroid backups or roms, it would hang during installation and not work. And, if it did, it would be able to boot to home, but then freeze, and then reboot to M logo.

I'm currently not able to mount my SD card or do anything in Clockwork because the phone doesn't turn on when I have it plugged into my laptop.

I'll let it charge for a half hour connected to my laptop. The charging light is on, but it will not turn on.

Thanks for the replies, btw. I appreciate it.

You don't need your Droid to mount the SD card. Take the card out of the Droid and put it in an SD adapter. Your laptop should have a slot where the adapter with the SD card inside of it will fit. From there, you can access the SD card and place any file you want on it.

Also, is your laptop set up with the Android SDK and ADB shell? If so, you don't need to fully boot the Droid in order to access its OS. You can access the OS from the Motorola symbol via the ADB shell.

If you're not familiar with ADB or the commands, here's a link to a tutorial that explains it and shows you how to set it up on your PC: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/10924-how-adb-windows-made-easy.html.

I'm curious about your situation. Please let me know if the above works. If you have any questions, PM me and I can help you further. I've yet to hear about a Droid that was truly "bricked."

Sorry, dozed off last night. But I left the Droid to "charge" overnight through the laptop. Still wont turn on this morning.

I don't have a micro-SD >>SD card adapter. My laptop is set up with the SDK and ADB shell.

It appears my battery is unable to hold a charge right now. Or is charging poorly. I still get the "battery low" bootloader warning when I attempt to connect it to my Windows 'top.

I've got to run to work but will be back in about 8-9 hours. I'll leave it "charging" again, but I don't know if this will work.

Thanks again for the replies! I hope this can get fixed.

Use the wall charger. Charging through your laptop isn't going to get it. There is not enough power going through the usb port to charge it if the battery is dead. It will use more than it takes in. If you kill the battery use the wall charger.

OP
droiduser5

droiduser5

Reaction score
You don't need your Droid to mount the SD card. Take the card out of the Droid and put it in an SD adapter. Your laptop should have a slot where the adapter with the SD card inside of it will fit. From there, you can access the SD card and place any file you want on it.

Also, is your laptop set up with the Android SDK and ADB shell? If so, you don't need to fully boot the Droid in order to access its OS. You can access the OS from the Motorola symbol via the ADB shell.

If you're not familiar with ADB or the commands, here's a link to a tutorial that explains it and shows you how to set it up on your PC: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/10924-how-adb-windows-made-easy.html.

I'm curious about your situation. Please let me know if the above works. If you have any questions, PM me and I can help you further. I've yet to hear about a Droid that was truly "bricked."

Sorry, dozed off last night. But I left the Droid to "charge" overnight through the laptop. Still wont turn on this morning.

I don't have a micro-SD >>SD card adapter. My laptop is set up with the SDK and ADB shell.

It appears my battery is unable to hold a charge right now. Or is charging poorly. I still get the "battery low" bootloader warning when I attempt to connect it to my Windows 'top.

I've got to run to work but will be back in about 8-9 hours. I'll leave it "charging" again, but I don't know if this will work.

Thanks again for the replies! I hope this can get fixed.

Use the wall charger. Charging through your laptop isn't going to get it. There is not enough power going through the usb port to charge it if the battery is dead. It will use more than it takes in. If you kill the battery use the wall charger.

Posting from work. :icon_ banana: (Since I don't have my phone to browse the forums!)

It won't charge through the wall charger. As mentioned earlier, when plugged into the wall charger, the phone will turn on but be stuck at the M logo screen, and the battery charging light does not turn on. I left it in the wall charger all day yesterday when I went to work and when I came back it was still on the M logo but immediately turned off when I unplugged it.

When I plug it into the USB port of my laptop, it does not turn on but the charging light is on.

edit: It appears this guy has the same problem I am currently facing: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...estions/36565-droid-will-not-boot-charge.html

edit2: Same exact problem this guy has: http://android###forums.com/all-thi...id-bricked-after-rom-install-please-help.html (remove the ###)

googling "Droid will not charge" "droid will not charge or boot" "droid will not charge wall" shows many posts from people in a similar situation. Sadly, I haven't seen a solution yet besides getting a new phone.

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
could be your battery is fried.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
droiduser5

droiduser5

Reaction score
could be your battery is fried.

Picked up a battery on the way back home from work. It boots. Flashing the .sbf to just cut out any doubt. Hopefully my next post will be a celebratory one.

OP
droiduser5

droiduser5

Reaction score
.sbf flash was sucessful, but upon rebooting it is stuck at the M logo.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
can you boot into recovery?

OP
droiduser5

droiduser5

Reaction score
Holding X while booting now does not allow me to.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
did you flash 2.1 sbf or 2.0.1? i think both are availible. i would try flashing again and make sure its 2.0.1

OP
droiduser5

droiduser5

Reaction score
did you flash 2.1 sbf or 2.0.1? i think both are availible. i would try flashing again and make sure its 2.0.1

2.0.1; it's the only .sbf I trust since I've done it before.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
alright...then i say try again and see what happens.

OP
droiduser5

droiduser5

Reaction score
Same story. Hanging on the M logo. I'm wondering if the .sbf even went through. It did say completed and successful for everything. Maybe I fried the chip with that JIT try and all it can do is kernel panic.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
could be a fried battery. another person had similar issue and a new battery got him going.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same story. Hanging on the M logo. I'm wondering if the .sbf even went through. It did say completed and successful for everything. Maybe I fried the chip with that JIT try and all it can do is kernel panic.

I don't think JIT can do that from what I understand, which isn't much.

Here's a link to it on wiki.

JIT

OP
droiduser5

droiduser5

Reaction score

JIT

Well, what started the reboots and freezing was enabling JIT through the JIT program on the market. So, it was either a botched write by the application or the JIT itself. I did nothing else out of the ordinary but install and run this application.

could be a fried battery. another person had similar issue and a new battery got him going.

as mentioned, on my way home I picked up a new battery, which allowed me to flash .sbf in the first place.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

JIT

Well, what started the reboots and freezing was enabling JIT through the JIT program on the market. So, it was either a botched write by the application or the JIT itself. I did nothing else out of the ordinary but install and run this application.

as mentioned, on my way home I picked up a new battery, which allowed me to flash .sbf in the first place.

did you leave it in the charger for awhile before trying to boot up?