PdaNet free edition

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
I'm new to the world of using a phone to get the internet on my laptop.

Clearly I don't want to pay VZW a ridiculous $20 a month for only 2gb of data.

So I found PdaNet free edition. Does this really work and VZW wouldn't charge me $20 a month MORE?

What else are people using? I'm not rooting anytime soon either until I become really comfortable with my X...which might not be anytime soon. This is my first smartphone ever...dancedroid

groovejedi

Reaction score
PDANet

It worked great for me when I used it once at the airport on my G1. After that though, it filled up my G1's storage and I had to do a hard reset to free up some memory. After the hard reset, I still couldn't get back all of the free storage I had before. It kind of screwed up my phone. I haven't used it on my new Droid X yet but it's NOT supported by Google, T-Mobile or Verizon. I think it's a great app but kind of pointless if you can't have unlimited usage on it without it filling up your phone with unknown stuff that can't be removed.

OP
B

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
Ahhh..I love this forum for information.

So...if this is not the one...which one are people using UNROOTED for free tethering?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Works fine on the X, It will not screw anything up.
Been using it since day 1

laughlin

Reaction score
Works Flawlessly!

Used it for years on Treo/Centro. Also have used it since day 1 on the DX with no issues. Great app never messed with my memory in any way.

WesleyJ

Reaction score
I use Easy Tether.. I coudlnt get PADnet to work for me (i was wanting to use it cause of the bluetooth function) but easy tether works great for me... my only question is WILL I GET CHARGED on my bill for using this function? like is it possible to go over data usage?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
my only question is WILL I GET CHARGED on my bill for using this function? like is it possible to go over data usage?

No, there is no data cap on usage....

WesleyJ

Reaction score
even tho Um using easy tether and am not "paying" for the service