PDAir cases - including new Aluminum case!

BluepointVance

Reaction score
I e-mailed them about the magnetic snaps. They claim to have tested it with the Droid and had no problems... But I ordered one so I can report back when I get it.

mszv

Reaction score
I looked at a video of one of the flip cases, the book flip one. It's nice, and you can pull out the keyboard, but the keys of the keyboard are tucked in clear plastic. I was hoping that you could use the keyboard while in the case.

Oh well, the search for the perfect case with a cover for the screen -- it goes on.

OP
kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Reaction score
New NOREVE cases for DROID coming!

I wrote to the company NOREVE today as they make great leather cases and their website states that they plan to release a DROID case soon.

Their rep wrote back immediately with the following info.

"We are expecting the Droid case to be released the 2nd week of January.
- It will likely be a vertical flip case like the ones for the HTC PDA.
- The keyboard will definitely be accessible inside of the case"

So for those of you who can wait - this might be another good option....(probably in the $40-$50 range)

Attached are some photos of the HTC case (click on the thumbnail to see a full size image) - I am hoping that the Droid case will be similar to this:

1206d1262479740-pdair-cases-including-new-aluminum-case-htc_touch_hd2_case_black.jpg

Last edited:

Mojo

Reaction score
Was that a dude in the Video? If so he really should cut his nails! Yuck! If it was a female then boy she got some man hands lol

oh yeah so I add some relevance to the thread, that aluminum case looks horrid, the big hinge on the side looks like it would get caught on everything

Erich_F

Reaction score
Do they realize they are shielding the antennas in the chin with the aluminum case? Who are these guys?

HeroNova

Reaction score
I had a very similar (most likely same design) aluminum case from a different brand last year for one of my blackberry devices (I think my Storm 1).

It seems like it would be good protection for the most part. However, I was surprised when I actually did drop the phone. The hinge opened up, flinging the phone out of the case and across the room. The door opened way too easily to really protect it from drops. At least that other model.

Nunzio

Reaction score
Vertical Case

I have the vertical case. It is about as good as a vertical case can get. It securely holds the phone close to the body and it is not too much of a chore to get the phone out. I was concerned that it may open the battery cover but so far that does not seem to be a problem. I like that it has no flap to fuss with.

I am interested in the horizontal case but am concerned that the magnet will case car mode. The youtube video shows the phone going in screen out. This would by pass the magnet as an issue. anyone know if the magnet interferes when screen in?

Erich_F

Reaction score
My Case Logic horizontal holster has a magnetic flap closure. I always put the phone in with the screen towards me. The magnets in the flap don't affect the sensors at the ends of the phone. I made sure of this in the store before I bought the holster. This holster also has an opening at the bottom that allows you to push the phone up out of the holster, whick makes getting it out very easy one handed.

Nunzio

Reaction score
Can you post a pic or link? I am wondering which case logic this is.

mszv

Reaction score
Thanks Kiwiguy. Those Noreve cases are beautiful. I'll keep checking. That might work for me.