Monaco Aluminum case pictures

rleonard

Reaction score
I was looking for more info on the Monaco aluminum cases. I didn't find the details I was looking for so I bought one thru Ebay. Here are some pictures for you guys.

I have always liked Halliburton cases. I have a brief case and some others. This was similar and I wanted something to protect the phone.

The case is available in black and silver. Here is a tip; get the silver. A lesson learned from my aluminum brief case. If (and when) scratched, the scratch is invisible on the silver case. Stands out like a sore thumb on the black one.

The fit and finish is well done. The phone is held securely by friction. Retained by the shape and the thin lining material.

Corner protection is fair based on the close fit of the aluminum to the phone case. Denting the case in a drop would push against the phone possibly damaging it. However it would probably take a hard fall to do this. No, I am not willing to experiment on my phone.

The belt hook attachment post screws into the case back. It has a threaded reinforcing plate that the plastic post with an internal metal screw threads into.

The belt hook is well made with a positive lock. It snaps into position with a positive report. A release catch must be pressed to release it. The hook and catch mechanism appear well made.

Bob

OP
R

rleonard

Reaction score
More Monaco case pictures

Here are additional pictures with the phone installed.

OP
R

rleonard

Reaction score
And the last set of pictures

These show the openings for the USB, power switch, etc. On the last picture, the cutout at the bottom is where you can push the phone out of the case to remove it.

I hope that this helps you to make a decision if this is the right one for you.

Bob

vtrider159

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this case. I have been looking for a hard case for awhile now. I read most of the case review threads and decided on a metal case after seeing the flimsy looking amzers and the seidio cases which are hit or miss depending on which week you buy one.

This thing looks sturdy and I really wanted something close to the otterbox cases which aren't in production for the droid.

Do you find the bottom row of touch icons hard to use because of the case thickness? I'm wondering how thick the thing is compared some others.

Nice pictures, really helpful.

Last edited:
OP
R

rleonard

Reaction score
The thickness of the aluminum material is .95 mm or .038 in. There is no liner under the case housing lid at the bottom. There is a little gap between the touch surface and the housing on the sides and top where the liner is. So to answer your question, There is little intereferance of the case to the bottom row of buttons.

I hope these pictures clarify that.

Bob

mikes

Reaction score
There isn't a hole for the noise canceling mic - so you'll have to drill one.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
great posts rleonard.. looks bomb-proof ;) and i love you sig. it is SO very true..

antyoo

Reaction score
thanks for posting this, until reading your post and seeing the pictures i did not even know this case existed.

i really like how compared to the snap on cases this case is easily removable(i use the multimedia dock every night) and looks to provide the same or better protection than the common snap on cases.

just paid for mine, hopefully it will come in by the end of the week.:)

tktouch12

Reaction score
i actually kind of like that case. i like how its one piece and two pieces (if you see what im saying)
how much did u get it for?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like it, but my Droid would sink with that thing if dropped in water. FAIL. :icon_ devil:

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
I like it, but my Droid would sink with that thing if dropped in water. FAIL. :icon_ devil:

If you dropped it in water, what difference would it make? lol... Do you need a life vest case or something? The phone is still going to be useless when it gets wet, most likely.

vtrider159

Reaction score
Well I didn't realize I'd have to drill the thing, it's out for me then. I find it amazing how difficult it is to find something as simple as a case which works well with this phone with all it's popularity.

Maybe I'll email Seidio and see if their cases finally fit. This is really beginning to be an annoyance of sorts.

dbbreaker

Reaction score

GGPC

Reaction score
I like the look of the case, but does anyone know if the metal cases interfer with the phone reception? I had one of these for a phone a few years ago and it really messed up the signal.