Monaco Aluminum case pictures

vtrider159

Reaction score
I know the case isn't close to an otterbox but I just need it to be stronger than an average plastic case. I'm hoping an otterbox comes out if at al because I don't talk much on the phone during the workday so its not really important that an echo can be heard.

I have a krussel case also and would split duty between the two. Thanks for the replies though, the forum seems to be very spirited about Droid cases LOL. I just wish there were mire options out there.

baniels

Reaction score
I really appreciate the in-focus pictures. It is amazing how rare that is.

clunker

Reaction score
True! And so many sites that sell the cases fail to show enough detail so you can evaluate the case fully. I'm always trying to enlarge low res pictures in photoshop or paint, to discern details that aren't there. These pictures are so helpful. I may cave yet and order one.

Vashis

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had the same style black case for over a month now and really like it.

vtrider159

Reaction score
I should have the case later tonight, I ordered the black one like the one above. Hopefully the ups tracking site is correct. I'll post any thoughts of it if different from what I read here.

Bigocciput

Reaction score
How is the Monaco case when held to the ear. Is it comfortable to the ear? Can it rest on the shoulder with the head bent or will it slide off?

vtrider159

Reaction score
I've had it for a week now and it's been good. I see no difference in reception or voice quality.

It adds som e weight to the phone but I don't talk on a phone with one shoulder but imagine since it's just a case, wouldn't be much different than without one.

One thing is, like the original poster stated, the black case scratches rather quickly, it looks like it's six months old right now lol. I scratched the finish putting the phone in jeans pockets.

I do feel it's added protection and have dropped the phone on concrete with the case and the phone has no damage so it does serve it's purpose.

I had an idea to paint the phone case with Krylon when it gets really scratched up thinking the Krylon will hold up better than the paint used.

Appearance doesn't mean much to me as far as a case goes, so I don't really care about the scratches and I also use a leather Krusell pouch from time to time.

The case is just basic and serves it's purpose, the concrete did nothing but scratch it.

Overall, it's worth the $20 whatever dollars I paid for it.

mitchb2

Reaction score
Vtrider, someone else here said that the Monaco case for their other phone didn't latch well.
What's your opinion of the Droid case? Does the latch seem to hold tight?

I see Monaco also has a leather "book-style" case. That might be worth checking out as well.

vtrider159

Reaction score
The latch works well. I'm happy with it and use it daily. Sorry I left that out of my post, before encountering this forum, I never paid so much attention to phone cases, for me it's cheap protection that works well until something better comes along.

mitchb2

Reaction score
I'm gonna go for it. I was going to go with the black, so I'm really glad you mentioned the scratches. Now I'll go with the silver. Thanks for the info.

Vashis

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just an update on this case. I've had the aluminum case for about two months now and I still really like it. The latch did start to feel loose on me about a week ago but after a good firm finger press to the latch it latches nice and tight again. I'd say the latch is nothing thats gonna last forever but I'd give it atleast a year and 2 at the most.

I have dropped my phone twice with this case, all in one week and it's done it's job.

For me I think this case is my best option until a nicer case is released. Like all good things it takes time but until that time I feel this case will keep my phone safe and last me until something better comes out.

Last edited:

mitchb2

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on the silver case. I figure if I don't like it I can resell it without losing too much $$$. I'm going to order the Seinheil Crystal as well, and then hopefully my Droid will be protected the next time it locks up and I throw it. :)

dieselbmw

Reaction score
I just ordered a Silver case a few days ago. Hopefully it will be here soon. Thanks for the help. I was going to get the black but decided not to after hearing about the scratches that appear easily. I thought the silver looks okay actually. Thanks for everyones help.

mitchb2

Reaction score
I find it interesting that an eBay seller is backordered? I mean, they listed the quantity they had in the auction listing. Is it even legal to sell something on eBay that you don't even have?