Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
i cant believe google would even mess up this nexus launch. did you watch that commercial. it was all about what the phone could do and the features it had. how can you sell stuff with info about the product your selling.
it didnt cut anything in half, it didnt mention diamonds what kind of advertisement is that.

OP
just4747

just4747

Reaction score
i cant believe google would even mess up this nexus launch. did you watch that commercial. it was all about what the phone could do and the features it had. how can you sell stuff with info about the product your selling.
it didnt cut anything in half, it didnt mention diamonds what kind of advertisement is that.

loll

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yeah, how dare they market a phone the exact opposite of how Verizon does ;)

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looking at the spec list on Google's site, it looks like Big Red will indeed be getting both 16 and 32gb versions. More good news.

But 3 color LED? I could have sworn I saw a full spectrum of colors in a review vid?

ice456789

Reaction score
The best way to advertise a phone is a montage with a combination of Twister, Tron, and Entrapment with absolutely no focus on features.

At least that's what Verizon seems to think we pander to.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looking at the spec list on Google's site, it looks like Big Red will indeed be getting both 16 and 32gb versions. More good news.

But 3 color LED? I could have sworn I saw a full spectrum of colors in a review vid?

Maybe the 3 colors are R/G/B and we can make the full spectrum by combining them??

screaminz2002

Reaction score
Not sure why people think Verizon looses money when people buy one phone over another. No matter what phone you buy they are renewing your contract for two years and they get paid every month. The only people that make money off the phones are the manufacturers. I am sure Verizon could care less as long as your buying a phone on their network. So releasing a phone in another phones release date doesn't matter much to Big Red (Raza/Rezound). They are catering to the people who are floating past their two year contract date and can switch without penalty. I have to think that's the only reason why they even got the developer phone to begin with. ICS is a big new thing with more support then just being a dev phone. I would see a lot of Droid users with a chance to look at another network without this phone hence the mass hysteria to verizon.

Wow that was longer then I intended haha..

SixEighteen

Reaction score
Hey all, just thought everyone should be aware of a post over on another forum. Two members have insider Verizon sources confirming the release for next week, prior to Black Friday: 1, 2

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey all, just thought everyone should be aware of a post over on another forum. Two members have insider Verizon sources confirming the release for next week, prior to Black Friday: 1, 2
Would be cool. Im a fan of that, but idk if its a reliable source. It looks like they are also frustrated with changing release dates.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Not sure why people think Verizon looses money when people buy one phone over another. No matter what phone you buy they are renewing your contract for two years and they get paid every month. The only people that make money off the phones are the manufacturers. I am sure Verizon could care less as long as your buying a phone on their network. So releasing a phone in another phones release date doesn't matter much to Big Red (Raza/Rezound). They are catering to the people who are floating past their two year contract date and can switch without penalty. I have to think that's the only reason why they even got the developer phone to begin with. ICS is a big new thing with more support then just being a dev phone. I would see a lot of Droid users with a chance to look at another network without this phone hence the mass hysteria to verizon.

Wow that was longer then I intended haha..

this sounds reasonable. but .. since all these new phones are costing 100 less on other carriers are you sure verizon isnt pocketing that extra 100.
and since refurbs are usually sold about 100 bucks less than a new phone if they get phones returned for another phone they would than lose that 100. so releasing all 3 phones at once having people go through all 3 before deciding could indeed be costing them money.
sound reasonable or no?

pchakmak

Reaction score
This means nothing. I'm tired of hearing from so called Verizon employees. Cmon Big Red....say something....ANYTHING!!!!!!!!:icon_evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.