Overwhelmed!

zcamp2011

Reaction score
Forgive me,am total newb to root and roms.Asked a few people i know and got more info than i can sort out .Can someone give me the the steps and order of rooting my bionic?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The best way to learn is to sit back and observe in the Droid Bionic Hacks forum. Almost EVERY newbie who jumps in and tries to root and flash roms before being a fly on the wall for a few weeks on the hacks forums ultimately winds up soft-bricking their phones, and some manage to hard-brick them.

Also, asking for steps and order will often result in instructions coming from either someone who knows only slightly more than you do and they leave out or misrepresent crucial steps, or they are highly experienced and assume you are, so they skip over the "obvious" parts (only that they aren't obvious to a newbie), and the same results...soft or hard brick.

It's not that we don't want to help you, but there's a reason for child-safety caps on medication bottles, and curfews for junior drivers, and age limits for consuming alcohol. It's not that when you're older you are definitely going to know better and not make mistakes, but it's so that hopefully it will cause you to pause before making a mistake, and to put the responsibility squarely on the shoulders of the person who "is old enough and should better". Believe me, if you read posts and follow the threads, you'll pick up quickly what's right, but more importantly will pick up what's wrong and you'll wind up steering clear of the "obvious" mistakes.

Good Luck! :biggrin:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome!

Foxkat has given you some good advice...jump in, enjoy and ask questions when ya have them!

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Welcome to the forum!!!

The best advice besdies what FoxKat gave you is to read. Read and understand. Understand and absorb. After that repeate steps 1-3 again. Always have a full and complete understanding of what you are doing before you do it. If in doubt or unsure just ask.

It is always easier for us to help you through it than out of it if you know what I mean.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the DROID forums

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

tutorialbs

Reaction score
Forgive me,am total newb to root and roms.Asked a few people i know and got more info than i can sort out .Can someone give me the the steps and order of rooting my bionic?
Hi, I agree with FoxKat, the best way is read a bunch of the newest and most interesting threads. I just got a droid 4, my last phone was a v710, which was basically the smartphone of 2005. I modded the heck out of it so I'm no noob to modding, but so much has changed since then so I am having to relearn everything, and I find myself a bit overwhelmed as well.
I've had my phone for 2-3 weeks now and am just now to the point where I feel comfortable with installing the riskier leaks. Good luck, have fun!

OP
Z

zcamp2011

Reaction score
Since I found the forum,that has been my intention,to read and learn.The Bionic ICS leak has me feeling pretty jumpy,but I still need to see if it is stable,and make sure i can go back to stock from where I am now.I definitely appreciate the good advice thats been posted.Patience has never been a long suit for me,and i have been anticipating the Bionic ics update so much...But I can hang for a awhile longer.And in meantime, I'll just keep being disappointed with Verizon and Motorola for dragging their feet as far as the Bionic is concerned.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! Just read and take your time with everything, before you know it YOU will be the pro :biggrin:

OP
Z

zcamp2011

Reaction score
A friend walked me thru the 6.7.2233 ics leak.I am soo hooked!Not yet been a full day,but seems to be stable.Some of my apps dont work with this version,but there is a very noticable difference.

OP
Z

zcamp2011

Reaction score
2 days later,and i started to notice small thing... Got slower,would get dimmer at times.Back to stock 902,took 905 ota.Flashed 2233 from sd card about 5 hrs ago.
so far so good. i flashed 2233 to stock 905. Saw too many post after googling it said i could.what the heck...one way to learn i guess. had problem withboot screeen,went DEAD> because pushed wrong vol.button .didnt freak let it finish,and started over.
google "how to unroot/unbrick droid bionic back to stock" on youtube.used drsd lite latest version,it was smooth as silk with I learnrd
z up a great deal today.

OP
Z

zcamp2011

Reaction score
If you do this leak,do the 2233,and go back to complete stock.then flash from sd card with rsd lite latest version.
If i can do this anyone can! No root. dont know if you can root after,but at this point i am happy with what i have.And i have been told that ota update will work with this.Well see i guess.