I'm so new I feel like a dork!!

argentinasangel

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I am a former bb storm user :icon_evil: and a total droid newb.:byeBB: I am quite handy around a pc and have had much practice hacking that damn storm. I am reading up on rooting the droid. It seems like it may sound more complicated than it really is but I want to be sure I know what I'm dealing with before i dive head first. I would appreciate any advice you seasoned members have as well as some friendly chat to keep me sane!!

:icon_ devil:

mjs31

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I am a former bb storm user :icon_evil: and a total droid newb.:byeBB: I am quite handy around a pc and have had much practice hacking that damn storm. I am reading up on rooting the droid. It seems like it may sound more complicated than it really is but I want to be sure I know what I'm dealing with before i dive head first. I would appreciate any advice you seasoned members have as well as some friendly chat to keep me sane!!

:icon_ devil:

Welcome. We all felt/feel intimidated by the Droid. It will take quite a bit of time to get to know it all if that is even possible. Just remember that if you think the Droid can't do something, chances are it can. Read, Search and Ask away. Long hold icons, desktop etc on all the different areas and open the little menu on the bottom in all the different areas. You will discover things all the time that you were not aware of. Most of us really enjoy this part of it.

Also...take some time to go through the market and just look around. Not the best organized, but there is a lot of apps to be found.

As for your rooting...I would recommend getting to know your Droid for a little bit before jumping in. Not that it is anything difficult, but you should learn the ins and outs first. The Droid hacks forum can give you more guidance on this.

Enjoy and have fun learning everthing there is to learn. Then when you have it all figured out, you will find that you missed a bunch :icon_ banana:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it's kind of curious how some former Blackberry Storm members seem to feel about rooting the Droid. I have no intentions what so ever to root the Droid. One of the things that I like about no longer having a Storm is not having to fool with it all the time. In an effort to get the darn thing to work right I was installing different Hybrids, unofficial OS, constantly having to reinstall my apps and put in the serial numbers. What a pia.

IMHO the Droid on 2.0.1 works just fine and I can wait for the OTA for 2.1 whenever it gets here.

Welcome to the forum. As the previous poster said lots of info here, you may want to read the 2.1 thread in the news section as well. I think there is a step by step how to on rooting the Droid and upgrading to 2.1 in there.