Overclocking

Inkarnit

Reaction score
How do you guys know the correct voltage to Mhz ratio. Looking at the default settings for my phone
SL 1 400MHz - 42V
SL 2 900MHz - 62V
SL 3 1000MHz - 64V
SL 4 1300MHz - 78 V

After reading what some of you have posted I can see why my battery drains so fast. If I knew the correct calculation to figure this out that would be great. Thanks

No guarantees, so if this causes reboots, then up them by 1 or 2...

400/23
900/48
1000/52
1300/69

This SHOULD work :)

Marius1

Reaction score
So I used the instructions in the How To thread to overclock and it worked fine but once I rebooted my phone the settings seem to go away. Any way to make it more permanent?

How do I make the custom/advanced settings stick at boot?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

To make custom settings stick on boot you'll need to go into the Liberty Toolbox and and use the file editor to change the values in init.d.conf

Weird, I can't seem to make overclock stick at boot at all. Do I need to download jrummys app? Tried both the script and the file editor you suggested.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
So I used the instructions in the How To thread to overclock and it worked fine but once I rebooted my phone the settings seem to go away. Any way to make it more permanent?

To make custom settings stick on boot you'll need to go into the Liberty Toolbox and and use the file editor to change the values in init.d.conf

Weird, I can't seem to make overclock stick at boot at all. Do I need to download jrummys app? Tried both the script and the file editor you suggested.

Did you set overclock on boot from 0 (false) to 1 (true)? Buying Jrummy's app would definitely make it easier. I'd recommend it.

Marius1

Reaction score

Did you set overclock on boot from 0 (false) to 1 (true)? Buying Jrummy's app would definitely make it easier. I'd recommend it.

Yup. I even tried one of the presets in the script.

Inkarnit

Reaction score

Yup. I even tried one of the presets in the script.

Hmm. I guess I just assumed it was applying on boot after changing those settings. Maybe it isn't? I never checked. It should work though...

humungus

Reaction score

Just download JRummy's OC app. It's much easier to manage settings, allows for multiple presets, allows for profiles, and lots more. Plus, the dude deserves our support.

Marius1

Reaction score
I already have QuickClock which works well, but I thought I'd give the overclocking built in to the ROM a try. I will probably buy Jrummy's app anyway to SUPPORT!

rfranken

Reaction score
if your setting your numbers manually....ie not using something like quick clock that finds whats best for you. don't go plugging in some of the over clocked numbers posted here expecting it to work
every phone is different. i can't overclock past 1100 where as some of these guys are over 1300.

kingneptune117

Reaction score
hey guys,

I am using the terminal to overclock

All the options are like 400mhz? What gives? Why would I want to underclock my phone to 400 mhz? Am I reading all of these options wrong? Is the first number the actual overclock? The last number on all the selections is like 400mhz.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
hey guys,

I am using the terminal to overclock

All the options are like 400mhz? What gives? Why would I want to underclock my phone to 400 mhz? Am I reading all of these options wrong? Is the first number the actual overclock? The last number on all the selections is like 400mhz.

400 MHz is just the slot 1 settings... you set scaling. Mine, for example, scales from 300 to 600 to 800 to 1150. If you don't understand what you're doing, you might not want to mess with it.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Has anyone found an optimal way to test stability?

Please be more specific. An optimal way to test stability for overclocking? More so than seeing if your phone reboots with certain settings? That seems like a pretty foolproof test to me. Do you know what the lowest vsel you can use at 1000 MHz is before you get an instant reboot? If so, I can tell you what settings to use.

en28so

Reaction score
I don't know what performance I'll see yet, but I know I was seeing 15 hours of HEAVY usage and 30+ hours of moderate usage with RubiX 1.9.5 on these settings:

300/18
600/33
800/42
1000/53

I call this "SULV" for "super ultra low voltage" :)

The 1 GHz setting isn't too terribly low, but the phone sits at the lowest setting, or 300 MHz in this case more often than any other, so having 18 vsel at 300 MHz should equate to great battery life.
I just copied your settings in mine. Lol. Usually, my phone only lasts about 6hrs of heavy use. Thanks. No reboots yet.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

thepsyntyst

Reaction score
has anyone found an optimal way to test stability?

please be more specific. An optimal way to test stability for overclocking? More so than seeing if your phone reboots with certain settings? That seems like a pretty foolproof test to me. Do you know what the lowest vsel you can use at 1000 mhz is before you get an instant reboot? If so, i can tell you what settings to use.

i apologize for the lack of info, and when i'm testing for my lowest vsel for 1000 do i just need to be lowering that one or all of the vsels? Also when you say instant reboot does that mean it reboots as soon as i apply the setting or once i start using the phone?

THIS SETTING REBOOTS WHEN I WENT TO MY HOMESCREEN
300 - 33
600 - 48
800 - 58
1000 - 47

AND THIS SETTING REBOOTS SPLIT SECONDS AFTER I APPLY IT
300 - 33
600 - 48
800 - 58
1000 - 46

Last edited: