Overclocking

rion_j

Reaction score
honestly, if you dont know what your doing, the quick clock app works well for this.

Marius1

Reaction score
Has anyone found an optimal way to test stability?

Here's what i do to test for stability.

1) Use SetCPU to lock the CPU at a certain frequency.
2) Run StabilityTest v1.2 for at least 10min
3) Repeat 1-2 for the other three frequencies.

If the test crashes or errors then you need to increase vsel for that frequency.

This has worked really well for me. YMMV.

gb714us

Reaction score
How do you guys get sexy battery life? I'm overclocked/undervolted
300- 19 vsl
650- 37 vsl
900- 48 vsl
1100- 59 vsl

I'm using jrummys app. With profiles.. I usually down to like 90% battery after 30 mins of moderare usage.. Which is weird. And im also using the auto killer app to have about 150mb or ram free at all times? No sync of any kind, everything is turned off and lowest brightness possible
Oh and im also running on Liberty
Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

thepsyntyst

Reaction score
has anyone found an optimal way to test stability?

here's what i do to test for stability.

1) use setcpu to lock the cpu at a certain frequency.
2) run stabilitytest v1.2 for at least 10min
3) repeat 1-2 for the other three frequencies.

If the test crashes or errors then you need to increase vsel for that frequency.

This has worked really well for me. Ymmv.

the only thing about that is stability test will crash when im on stock settings so i dont really think that app is all that reliable but thats just my opinion cause thats what i was doing

gb714us

Reaction score
So your saying to stay at 1000mhz?
But undervolted ofcourse?

en28so

Reaction score
How do you guys get sexy battery life? I'm overclocked/undervolted
300- 19 vsl
650- 37 vsl
900- 48 vsl
1100- 59 vsl

I'm using jrummys app. With profiles.. I usually down to like 90% battery after 30 mins of moderare usage.. Which is weird. And im also using the auto killer app to have about 150mb or ram free at all times? No sync of any kind, everything is turned off and lowest brightness possible
Oh and im also running on Liberty
Any help would be appreciated
Most people here will tell you (including the most experienced android owners) that an auto task killer is not a good idea. I had one and all it did was run down my battery. I would say get rid of it, and go from there.

Get rid of the task killer first, and go from there. Those kill your battery life.

Droid X rooted with z4root and running gummyJar 2.5. underclocked with jrummys overclocking app (to save battery).

irish22022

Reaction score
so for the people that are bottoming at 300 and peaking at 1000, are you not improving speed, only battery life? It's not getting slower, is it?

mcp770

Reaction score
I use the jrummy app at 1.2ULV and get awesome battery life. 24h+ with light use of a few calls, minimal net, alot of text. 12 if I start playing games or internet. I also drop to 90% quickly but it stays there for some time. Charging the phone overnight powered down then clearing battery stats while full helped. Fixing permissions also seemed to help. Either way I get at least 5 more hours out of liberty than even GJ 2.5.

.46caliber

Reaction score
Get rid of the task killer first, and go from there. Those kill your battery life.

Do this here.

Well its not a task killer.. Its an auto memory manager.. Idk if they are still considered the same?

Android actively manages its own memory. No need for an additional app. In fact, the app usually fights with Android. Get rid of it.

Marius1

Reaction score
has anyone found an optimal way to test stability?

the only thing about that is stability test will crash when im on stock settings so i dont really think that app is all that reliable but thats just my opinion cause thats what i was doing

Haha you're right, I had just started using stabilitytesting and it does seems a bit unreliable. I went back to using SetCPU to do the stress testing as well (in the Info tab). With SetCPU I run the test for about 30min for each frequency - if the phone locks up and reboots it's time to increase the juice!

droid fetish

Reaction score
jrummy overclock app.(awesome by the way!) 1.45 lv smooth as silk!!!!!!!!!

thepsyntyst

Reaction score

Haha you're right, I had just started using stabilitytesting and it does seems a bit unreliable. I went back to using SetCPU to do the stress testing as well (in the Info tab). With SetCPU I run the test for about 30min for each frequency - if the phone locks up and reboots it's time to increase the juice!

That's what i'll have to try

en28so

Reaction score
so for the people that are bottoming at 300 and peaking at 1000, are you not improving speed, only battery life? It's not getting slower, is it?
I have not noticed any slowness. My phone is snappy doing anything, but all phones are different. My battery life is way better now. I'm using a custom setting. Actually, my highest setting is 800.

Droid X. Rooted with Z4root and underclocked to save battery life.