1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Overclocking/Unlocking Phenom II?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by jimmyco2008, Nov 19, 2010.

1. jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008 New Member

Hey all,

So I've been screwing around with my bios settings (smart, right), no but I know what I'm doing haha. Anyway, I have an Amd Phenom II 545 Callisto Dual-Core Processor, stock @ 3.0Ghz. Well now it's stable @ 3.625Ghz, voltage is something like 1.349v.

Anyway, I enabled ACC, and unlocked the other two cores in the processor, so it would be a quad-core :)icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:), but the computer just freezes when Windows 7 goes to boot up. The Bios of course posts, however. And enabling the third core is stable, just no this fourth one!

So could I stabilize it by bringing the voltage to somethign like 1.5v? I know that's not "recommended" but it's been done when overclocking a Phenom II, so?...
Search tags for this page

phenom unlock and overclock