Official: Samsung Galaxy Note II Coming to All 5 Major U.S. Carriers by November

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
However, wasn't this unsecured bootloader found on a leak? I don't know that I'd count on that happening again...I'd rather just jump to T-Mobile or AT&T and flash to my heart's content.
Yeah, it was "donated" by someone on the inside, but it was what allowed all U.S. GS3's to be modded so quickly. Likely the same will happen for the note.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Still cannot figure out why VZ insists on locked bootloaders. The modding community is such a small percent of a percent of their user base that this stance is beyond unnecessary.
Reason is, many peeps who are not-mod savvy try to mod their phones and brick them, then they go to Verizon crying. I don't blame Verizon.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Reason is, many peeps who are not-mod savvy try to mod their phones and brick them, then they go to Verizon crying. I don't blame Verizon.
As noted elsewhere though, the more difficult they make the modding process, the more likely inexperienced users will created a hard brick. Just make the process simple and those who want to mod will be satisfied. Besides, it's not like VZ repairs bricks under their warranty anyway. I'm guessing though that because the mod community is so small it will still be some time before anyone decides to push this. Whatever VZ puts into their contracts the legality of exerting such control over customer's phones is still questionable. So long as a user does not modify the phone in a way that does actually cause harm to the network their claim is bunk. I don't recall anyone bringing the world to a halt with their unencrypted OG Droids.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to make a quick introduction. I can't wait for this phone to come out and will preorder as soon as it becomes available at Verizon. I've been waiting to pick up an android phone, and this one is sure to have it all.

-Dan

Exactly what he said. Make it easier and you'll have less bricks. Require us to give up or warranty entirely

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Exactly what he said. Make it easier and you'll have less bricks. Require us to give up or warranty entirely

I'd hate having to give up my warranty in it's entirety...Software issues should not be covered. Hardware issues absolutely should. Unless you can prove without a doubt that the hardware fault was caused by rooting (example: overclocking), then they should have to honor the warranty. I have no problem giving up my software warranty by rooting/unlocking if it ever comes to that.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Would love to agree except the droid was easily unlocked and people were bricking left and right. And 98% were soft bricks.