Otterbox Defender

iFlossyy

Reaction score
how is this case? i see it is quite bulky, but whoever has it can you tell me how the screen protector is on it and everything id need to know about it if i were to buy it? need a holster... thx

Reaction score
how is this case? i see it is quite bulky, but whoever has it can you tell me how the screen protector is on it and everything id need to know about it if i were to buy it? need a holster... thx

This has been a beaten issue already... If you try the "search" button above and enter in Defender you should be rewarded :icon_ banana:

Shane RC51

Reaction score
I got an email from Otterbox that the Defender for the Thunderbolt is now available. I've got a Seidio Rugged that was meant to hold me over till the Defender came out. Now I wonder if the Rugged is the better case. It may be too early, but does anyone have a Defender yet? I'd like to see a review/comparison between the two...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
No, but judging from the pics, it looks just like the one my wife had on her DX. Hers had a built in screen protector, which was cool but lacked the camera lens cover as seen Seidio rugged case with the TB. The otterbox also lacks the solid back piece that would go on the outside of the soft rubber for added protection and to prevent the soft rubber from having free range of movement while wrapped around the 2 piece hard cover snap on.

Trust me when I say it's nice to have that additional back piece because I dropped my phone from 3ft (no exaggeration) in the air to a concrete floor because it fell out of my jacket pocket. The phone is perfectly fine and the case doesn't even have as little as a scratch on it. If that's not convincing enough, then let me also tell you that the phone is a pain to remove from the much more bulking holster..

I initially was looking to purchase a otterbox because that's what I heard so much about, but I'm glad it took them too long to release the TB Defender case because that let me to the Seidio Rugged.

bailman

Reaction score
I couldn't wait for the otterbox, so I bought the seidio rugged combo when it came out and love it. I would definitely recommend it.

sonnl

Reaction score
Does the otterbox fit the extended battery? I just had to pay $100 to verizon because I dropped my phone 3 feet and shattered the screen. Im clumsy, I admit it, Im going to drop my phone again, this is why I loved the otterbox I had for my iphone. I hate that I have to choose between no case and 2 hour battery life. If it breaks again its more proffitable to just buy a new phone that fits an ottorbox, dispite the full price of the phone.

Sethman29

Reaction score
Does the otterbox fit the extended battery? I just had to pay $100 to verizon because I dropped my phone 3 feet and shattered the screen. Im clumsy, I admit it, Im going to drop my phone again, this is why I loved the otterbox I had for my iphone. I hate that I have to choose between no case and 2 hour battery life. If it breaks again its more proffitable to just buy a new phone that fits an ottorbox, dispite the full price of the phone.

I know what you mean! in your best intrest it may be better for you to get a phone that fits in the otterbox, as otterbox does not make one for the thunderbolt with the extended battery. I have the thunderbolt with the htc 2750 battery and i just ordered a nice case from seidioonline.com

They make nice, otterbox like cases that fit the extended battery but to my knowledge do not have the plexiglass screen protector type like the otterbox has, or like they had for my 4th gen ipod touch. i love that feature, but seidio does have nice ultimate screen gaurds as they call them maybe you can take a look at their website. all their cases are affordable also..

jka

Reaction score
Tell otherbox to flush their cases down the toilet. I had otterbox before and its a piece of junk. Got the serious case that works with the extended battery. This case is great well worth the money will never buy otterbox again.

jka

Reaction score
The sedio 1 is also huge with the extended battery. The ottercrud I had on ny iPhone the silicone portion would never line up or stay in place the sedio 1 has that exo skeleton on the back that helps the holster is not all that great though but the case it self is da BOMB

Corbinlissabet

Reaction score
Anybody that has the Otterbox Defender, how are you liking it? I still have my Livingsocial coupon and am trying to decide on which case to get.

Does the built in screen protector wash out the display? How much bulk does it add? ...etc.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have an Otterbox.....First time for me. Not sure if it's the defender, but it has the included screen protector. Can't say about "wash out" because I didn't spend hardly any time with the demo unit and the sales rep put on my case for me right out of the box. I still think the screen is outstanding.

I don't get all the nitpicks sometimes. It's a 4.6" screen and it seems people want 50" plasma-like definition and vividness. Maybe it matters if you do a lot of photos or video/games on your phone (again, I ask "Why?" on such a tiny screen).

Anyway, I really like the case. Does add a bit of thickness (not much, really), but I also think there should be a balance between thickness and width, and it feels right to me.