No more zagg, wait for Defender or reshield?

barski

Reaction score
I finally had it with my Zagg invisible shield and removed it. Now I'm debating wether to wait for the Otterbox Defender with a built in screen protector or to get a SGP Steinheil screen protector.
I would go ahead and buy a Steinheil but it would be my luck that the Defender would get released and i would have to remove it.
I have read a couple of reviews of other devices with the defender case that they had to remove there full body zagg invisible shield including the screen protector.
So i have a couple of questions.
1. Should i buy the Steinheil regardless?
2. Do you think the screen protector will be fine with the Defender case?
3. Do you think my phone will be fine with out a screen protector until the Defender is here? I'm outside alot, and the wait for the defender might be a while.

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
im interested in this info as well... Zagg doesn't really do it for me... I mean it looked good online and sounded good in my head, but at the end of the day "installation" was tedious and and the outcome, less than worth it. I'm looking for other options as well

OP
barski

barski

Reaction score
no one else has any advice?

Kack

Reaction score
I have invisishield on my D1, D2 my nikon d3100 my zune and have never had a problem with it. the first installation wasnt fun but not hard. occaisionally i will remove it and clean it up a bit but i have never had a problem.

what is your problem with it? is it just a preference?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had a Zagg invisishield on my iPhone. It worked extremely well. The key to installation is to use most if not all of the liquid that is sprayed onto the invisishield.

Mike

OP
barski

barski

Reaction score
I'm not sure what happened with mine. It was very nice for a long time but then it started getting like little bubbles in it. It just kept getting worse. I'm wondering if cleaning it with rubbing alcohol would cause it?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure. Contact Zagg. They offer a lifetime warranty and will replace for you.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
I just removed the Zagg Invisishield from my D2, nothing wrong with it at all. I was completely happy with it and install was kind of a pain but after installing several of them it was nothing I couldn't handle. I removed it and replaced it with a Steinheil (fingerprint-less) protector, after hearing about it i thought I would give it a shot. So far its not bad.........clean screen most of the time but had to raise the brightness up to 50% from 35% to see it easily because the protector is sorta blurry.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
I'm not sure what happened with mine. It was very nice for a long time but then it started getting like little bubbles in it. It just kept getting worse. I'm wondering if cleaning it with rubbing alcohol would cause it?

They will replace it for you, they have a warranty. Just go to the site and get a replacement, you pay for shipping only and have 60 days to return the old one. If you don't return the old shield they will charge you full price on that replacement.

Ask me how I know......:)

OP
barski

barski

Reaction score
I looked into it, i'm going to get a new one from zagg. But im not going to install it until I get the otterbox defender...so it might be a while.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

wwarlock

Reaction score
Ya I really like there warranty replacement policies but the product kept peeling on me to a point I am using a different screen protector on my X...

@barski. Just be carefull I purchased one that I did not use and they would not return it except for warranty replacment even though it was unopened.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
barski

barski

Reaction score
Well i received my replacement and just decided to put it on tonight. Overall I'm pretty impressed compared to before. The screen protector doesn't feel very rubbery at all, and its also not has thick, therefore it should not peal up as easy. So good job goes out to Zagg.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Well i received my replacement and just decided to put it on tonight. Overall I'm pretty impressed compared to before. The screen protector doesn't feel very rubbery at all, and its also not has thick, therefore it should not peal up as easy. So good job goes out to Zagg.

I just received my replacement yesterday, and am undecided if I want to keep the Steinheil or go back to Invisishield....................decisions decisions!

Sent from Droid2

Cornholeo

Reaction score
I used the Zagg on my Backflip and was impressed with protection and application. The Steinheil Ultra-Clear I put on my Droid X is in a different class. It is smoother, much clearer, and was easy to install, using the steamy bathroom technique.

Shawn2774

Reaction score
I finally had it with my Zagg invisible shield and removed it. Now I'm debating wether to wait for the Otterbox Defender with a built in screen protector or to get a SGP Steinheil screen protector.
I would go ahead and buy a Steinheil but it would be my luck that the Defender would get released and i would have to remove it.
I have read a couple of reviews of other devices with the defender case that they had to remove there full body zagg invisible shield including the screen protector.
So i have a couple of questions.
1. Should i buy the Steinheil regardless?
2. Do you think the screen protector will be fine with the Defender case?
3. Do you think my phone will be fine with out a screen protector until the Defender is here? I'm outside alot, and the wait for the defender might be a while.

I have had my X for several months without a screen protector on it and the screen is still flawless. I do not see a need to purchase a bunch of stuff to stick on the screen as these screens are built pretty tough and are meant to be touched without a screen protector on it. Unless you are in an environment that lends itself to dirty conditions where you are afraid that your screen will get scratched, I would wait for the Defender. But this is just my opinion.