Screen Protector OtterBox Defender

kendubya

Reaction score
Mine too! Has anyone recieved their Defender yet? I would love to see one compared to the Seido Rugged. I ordered mine directly from OB early last week and the tracking # says it'll be here Mon 29th! Talk about sllooww shipping!

I had the rugged for three weeks prior to getting the OB. The rugged is bulkier by about 3/32 in all dimensions, and does not cover the device as completely (lacks integrated screen protector) as the OB. The rugged's holster is bulkier than the OB. The rugged case can pop out of the holster if one fails to incorporate the lock mechanism on the rugged holster.

The best thing about the rugged is the ability to remove the skeleton and silicone skin and use only the innocase surface.

RE shipping: happened to me. the site kept saying shipped at the top and not shipped at the bottom...I received mine about 10 days after ordering in spite of what the website said.

Last edited:

DxExs

Reaction score
Mine too! Has anyone recieved their Defender yet? I would love to see one compared to the Seido Rugged. I ordered mine directly from OB early last week and the tracking # says it'll be here Mon 29th! Talk about sllooww shipping!

I was just wondering how you ordered your OB last week. When I went to their site it said they were out of stock. Anyway, any pics anyone has would be appreciated.

dvsgod

Reaction score
I ordered mine the same day (i believe the 15th it was) as the email saying they were available straight from o.b. and I received the defender four days later, that's Colorado to California. now the commuter I pre ordered a week previous from best buy (who said it was available), wont be delivered until the 30th. to the point though, happy with the defender, don't like the clip though. my friend had to remove his invisi shield becuase it made the case protector get wavy/bubbly and really showed the oils of the products. he and i both are happy with o.b.s built in protector. sits in my pocket with no clip and there is no scratches on it. I like the extra bulkyness of it, although I picked the Dx mostly due to my large hands (I feel most I phone users are dainty anyways). and i like the extra bulk on the edge's. i will see when the commuter gets here how much of a difference the bulk makes. i will see about uploading pics of both on Wednesday.

Last edited:

barski

Reaction score

I was just wondering how you ordered your OB last week. When I went to their site it said they were out of stock. Anyway, any pics anyone has would be appreciated.

I put some pictures of both the Defender and Commuter.

Otterbox Defender/ Commuter Review

Freezetron

Reaction score
My commuter came with screen protector that was bent and now doesn't sit flush with the screen. I'm not happy about it, i've sent an email to otterbox about it

bent.jpg

OP
chazall1

chazall1

Reaction score
Shipping Problems

" Wtf, my otterbox says shipped in my account but on order details it says not shipped? " This happened to me as well. I ordered my Defender on the 19th. Received both confirmation e-mail and my receipt on the 20th with a Fedx tracking #. I was away for thanksgiving, went to fedx with my tracking # and my status was unchanged.
Date/Time Location/Activity
Nov 20, 2010 8:36 PM /Shipment information sent to FedEx and that is where it stoped.
I called OB 35 min on hold, they had the same info as I had, they went to track it on the Fedx website, and could not figure out what the problem was. I was given the option to re-order and get free shiping. I will let you know when I receive mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shamisc

Reaction score
Got mine today....MUCH BETTER feel than Siedo Rugged! I didn't like how aggravating it was to hit the #9 on the screen and pull down tab. Camera cover was a nice feature, but didn't stay in it's hold back slot very well. I left the Seido screen protector on the phone...installed the OB...then put the Verizon screen protector on the OB screen. Everything works flawlessly!

shamisc

Reaction score
*****ALSO....Did anyone realize that the Clip on the Defender holster locks back to turn it into a cradle??? ******
AWESOME OB !!!!

dvsgod

Reaction score
Recieved my commuter a day early. since this post: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-accessories/99566-otterbox-defender-commuter-review.html has some good pics I will just add a couple for comparison shots.
my opinion on the two, I like the defender over the commuter for these reasons: I have big hands gives me something to hold onto, I do more active and rough activitys in my day to day there is more shock protection, the back is rubberized so it doesn't slide anywhere, it still fits in my pocket even though the bulk is more noticable, no i don't wear my sisters stretchy pants either. with the clip... it works good as a stand, but makes it that much more bulky. The droid x is also so long the clip doesnt position itself well almost feels like a fanny pack on your belt. I don't use it at all.
The commuter is a nice case by all means, no clip, no built in screen protector ( but a supplied stick on ). the dust flaps hold great and are better than the evo's, the finish is very sleek and compliments the phones design well. the back is slick so it can slide around still, does have adequate edge protection and looks like it should hold to some light abuse.
I would say the defender is more like work clothes and the commuter is club wear.

First pic: commuter in the defender case, Second Pic: commuter on the right, Third: defender, Fourth: Commuter

dvsgod

Reaction score
ran out of pic space. first pic defender back, second pic, commuter back, third pic is the defender in its own clip, with the clip locked to stand it up facing out for watching videos. it also faces in for when you have it on your hip, Fourth pic back of clip

Last edited:

bsc504

Reaction score
First pic: commuter in the defender case

I see the pic shows the commuter in the defender case but does it hold the phone at all? I really wish the commuter came with a belt clip, I would buy it right now. I think the defender may be just a bit too bulky for me.

dvsgod

Reaction score
I showed the commuter in the defender clip to show the difference in size. the clip for the commuter has been a big want for multiple phones to a long time but they still don't do it. the clip definantly commute hold the commuter.

Freezetron

Reaction score
Still haven't heard back via my email I sent a week ago and no one is answering the phones. I am not impressed with their customer service at this point. I may just end up returning my commuter and going back to VZW cases

dvsgod

Reaction score
Mine and my friends droid x are both jacked up from our VZW accessories. He has the case clip combo jacked his screen up, and my clip.

OP
chazall1

chazall1

Reaction score
Well I Got My OB Defender today. It turns out that Fedx had it the whole time. I receiver the incorrect tracking #. My OB was shipped the next day after I ordered it. However it never found a home, Left Ft. Collins, went to Memphis, Miami, Georgetown, KY, London, KY, Memphis, Miami, back to London, KY and delivered to me here in Somerset, KY. I really like it. I have however taken off the built in screen protector, I like mine, and all is well. Very, Very nice case!:):)