Otterbox Defender

kyle10

Reaction score
I've had one on my ipod and have one currently on my incredible, it is the defender series. It ads bulk but not too much. I'm satisfied with both cases so I would say if u got one u would be satisfied

Sent from my rooted Droid Incredible using DroidFourms

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I got sold into an Otterbox for mine.
Initial thoughts on it after spending a day with it.

Pros:
Fits quite well
Seems very sturdy, as it should be since Otterbox is a fairly big name in cases.
The holster/belt clip can double as a kickstand of sorts (I like propping my phone up so I can see it at work).
The buttons work fine (as in lock and volume).
I like the rubber grippy feel in my hand.

Cons:
A bit of a pain to take apart and put back together if you need to do a battery pull.
The holster can muffle the phone if you put it in with the screen facing out (which with the speaker being a little lacking. If you put it in with the speaker facing out, you can't see the notification light.
The screen protector is nice, but does seem to ever so slightly impair responsiveness. Perhaps I am doing something wrong here (I unfortunately haven't had as much free time to play with it as I would have liked). I haven't had serious issues swiping works fine, pinching, it works... but I can tell a difference between nude and with Otterbox.
If you have larger hands/fingers the edges of the screen can be harder to interact with, like say pulling the notification bar down.
The notification LED has a large hole for it, but it is recessed under a bit of plastic. Meaning if you are looking at it from certain angles it potentially could be missed, especially in a well lit room.
Adds more size and heft to the device. This is going to happen with most, but this one is actually pretty heavy in itself. Nothing crazy, but the holster is and the case is rather thick plastic, then there is a rubber piece as well.
I hate doors/covers on ports that are used frequently, like the USB port on this case. There is a cover on the headphone jack too (separate cover).
This will make it too big to fit in other docks or holsters. It also covers the 3 metal prongs on the one side

I was given a deal on it, which was why I bought it (my initial plan was to buy a more simplistic case). I am pretty happy with this one so far, despite my rather long list of cons. I perhaps will invest in a different case down the line, or ditch it completely (I did this with my OG Droid eventually after I needed to do multiple battery pulls). But initially I try and baby the new toy.