Screen Protector OtterBox Defender

chazall1

Reaction score
I ordered my Otterbox Defender and I did not realize that Otterbox supplies a screen protector with the case. My Question is? Has anyone removed the supplied screen protector? It this screen protector Built into the Shell ? I want to keep my screen protector, Is this possible?

Thanks

phartwig

Reaction score
When I had mine for the iphone yes it is built into the shell. Very well infact.

As far as leaving one on underneath I am unsure

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

LakauAkatoma

Reaction score
Well I've got an invisible shield on my dx and have a defender on the way, so unless someone beats me to it ill let you know how it works in conjunction with the built in one on the defender case

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rastaman

Reaction score
I just received my Defender and already have a Invisible Shield by Zagg screen protector on the X. I haven't removed the Zagg yet BUT with it on there and the one on the OB, it's kinda bubbly looking. So far I don't like both being on at the same time.

OP
chazall1

chazall1

Reaction score
Would it be possible to Remove the Otterbox Screen Protector (with a sharp instrument) and still keep the the overall appearance as close to stock as possible?

Thanks

rastaman

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure with a razor knife you could do just that. I'm trying to determine which one to remove. It'd be a lot easier to pull the one off of the phone and just use the OtterBox case protector. But, if the one on the OB was bubbly, I'd be pissed for removing the Zagg because it looks good. I wonder what everyone else has done?

Would it be possible to Remove the Otterbox Screen Protector (with a sharp instrument) and still keep the the overall appearance as close to stock as possible?

Thanks

barski

Reaction score
I just received the otterbox defender today. My phone has the maximum protection from zagg. YES the zagg will work with otterbox. but the screen protector looks really bubbly when you press on it. Im going to wait till i get the commuter in before i decide on removing the zagg screen protector.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks

It's just glued in a few spots on the inside. You can remove it with no permanent consequences with a little care.
My Omnia used to bubble so what I did was remove it, let it just sit and when I put my Omnia in it removed the bubbles. Plus the defender cover is easily scratched

Support Our Troops!! UltraKeyboarded from a wifi monolith.

sporlan

Reaction score
It will work with another protector but you do loose some sensetivety. I switched back to Seidio.

OP
chazall1

chazall1

Reaction score
Any good pictures? Thanks for all of your input. I will be waiting for my Otterbox to see.

shamisc

Reaction score
Mine too! Has anyone recieved their Defender yet? I would love to see one compared to the Seido Rugged. I ordered mine directly from OB early last week and the tracking # says it'll be here Mon 29th! Talk about sllooww shipping!

kendubya

Reaction score
I removed my screen protector (VZW's) from my x, installed the OB Defender, and reinstalled the screen protector on the Defender screen cover. Screen sensitivity/use is unaffected and now the OB Defender will remain unscratched, an issue I had with a Defender on an Omnia...live and learn.

My question: why spend $50 on an obviously well thought out, engineered case, only to cannibalize it? I mean, the ONLY reason I bought the OB after having the rugged was BECAUSE the former has an integrated screen protector. Again, my screen usage has been unaffected by the OB screen protector WITH a VZW screen protector installed on top of it. I've even experimented with gloves that I've sewn conductive thread into the fingertips and again, not one issue regarding screen functionality.

Last edited: