1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Screen Protector OtterBox Defender

Discussion in 'Droid X Accessories' started by chazall1, Nov 21, 2010.

1. chazall1

chazall1 New Member

I ordered my Otterbox Defender and I did not realize that Otterbox supplies a screen protector with the case. My Question is? Has anyone removed the supplied screen protector? It this screen protector Built into the Shell ? I want to keep my screen protector, Is this possible?

Thanks
  2. phartwig

phartwig New Member

When I had mine for the iphone yes it is built into the shell. Very well infact.

As far as leaving one on underneath I am unsure

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  3. FranklinWalker

FranklinWalker New Member

i just order one
  4. LakauAkatoma

LakauAkatoma New Member

Well I've got an invisible shield on my dx and have a defender on the way, so unless someone beats me to it ill let you know how it works in conjunction with the built in one on the defender case

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  5. rastaman

rastaman New Member

I just received my Defender and already have a Invisible Shield by Zagg screen protector on the X. I haven't removed the Zagg yet BUT with it on there and the one on the OB, it's kinda bubbly looking. So far I don't like both being on at the same time.
  6. chazall1

chazall1 New Member

Would it be possible to Remove the Otterbox Screen Protector (with a sharp instrument) and still keep the the overall appearance as close to stock as possible?

Thanks
  7. rastaman

rastaman New Member

I'm pretty sure with a razor knife you could do just that. I'm trying to determine which one to remove. It'd be a lot easier to pull the one off of the phone and just use the OtterBox case protector. But, if the one on the OB was bubbly, I'd be pissed for removing the Zagg because it looks good. I wonder what everyone else has done?

8. barski

barski New Member

I just received the otterbox defender today. My phone has the maximum protection from zagg. YES the zagg will work with otterbox. but the screen protector looks really bubbly when you press on it. Im going to wait till i get the commuter in before i decide on removing the zagg screen protector.
  9. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

It's just glued in a few spots on the inside. You can remove it with no permanent consequences with a little care.
    My Omnia used to bubble so what I did was remove it, let it just sit and when I put my Omnia in it removed the bubbles. Plus the defender cover is easily scratched

Support Our Troops!! UltraKeyboarded from a wifi monolith.
  10. sporlan

sporlan New Member

It will work with another protector but you do loose some sensetivety. I switched back to Seidio.
  11. bsc504

bsc504 New Member

This thread is useless without pictures.
  12. chazall1

chazall1 New Member

Any good pictures? Thanks for all of your input. I will be waiting for my Otterbox to see.
  13. Freezetron

Freezetron New Member

Wtf, my otterbox says shipped in my account but on order details it says not shipped? :icon_evil:
  14. shamisc

shamisc New Member

Mine too! Has anyone recieved their Defender yet? I would love to see one compared to the Seido Rugged. I ordered mine directly from OB early last week and the tracking # says it'll be here Mon 29th! Talk about sllooww shipping!
  15. kendubya

kendubya New Member

I removed my screen protector (VZW's) from my x, installed the OB Defender, and reinstalled the screen protector on the Defender screen cover. Screen sensitivity/use is unaffected and now the OB Defender will remain unscratched, an issue I had with a Defender on an Omnia...live and learn.

My question: why spend $50 on an obviously well thought out, engineered case, only to cannibalize it? I mean, the ONLY reason I bought the OB after having the rugged was BECAUSE the former has an integrated screen protector. Again, my screen usage has been unaffected by the OB screen protector WITH a VZW screen protector installed on top of it. I've even experimented with gloves that I've sewn conductive thread into the fingertips and again, not one issue regarding screen functionality.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  16. kendubya

kendubya New Member

I had the rugged for three weeks prior to getting the OB. The rugged is bulkier by about 3/32 in all dimensions, and does not cover the device as completely (lacks integrated screen protector) as the OB. The rugged's holster is bulkier than the OB. The rugged case can pop out of the holster if one fails to incorporate the lock mechanism on the rugged holster.

The best thing about the rugged is the ability to remove the skeleton and silicone skin and use only the innocase surface.

RE shipping: happened to me. the site kept saying shipped at the top and not shipped at the bottom...I received mine about 10 days after ordering in spite of what the website said.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  17. DxExs

DxExs New Member

I was just wondering how you ordered your OB last week. When I went to their site it said they were out of stock. Anyway, any pics anyone has would be appreciated.
  18. dvsgod

dvsgod New Member

I ordered mine the same day (i believe the 15th it was) as the email saying they were available straight from o.b. and I received the defender four days later, that's Colorado to California. now the commuter I pre ordered a week previous from best buy (who said it was available), wont be delivered until the 30th. to the point though, happy with the defender, don't like the clip though. my friend had to remove his invisi shield becuase it made the case protector get wavy/bubbly and really showed the oils of the products. he and i both are happy with o.b.s built in protector. sits in my pocket with no clip and there is no scratches on it. I like the extra bulkyness of it, although I picked the Dx mostly due to my large hands (I feel most I phone users are dainty anyways). and i like the extra bulk on the edge's. i will see when the commuter gets here how much of a difference the bulk makes. i will see about uploading pics of both on Wednesday.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  19. barski

barski New Member

I put some pictures of both the Defender and Commuter.

Otterbox Defender/ Commuter Review
  20. Freezetron

Freezetron New Member

My commuter came with screen protector that was bent and now doesn't sit flush with the screen. I'm not happy about it, i've sent an email to otterbox about it

[​IMG]
Search tags for this page
can you break screen protector off otterbox?
can you use otterbox defender without screen protector
droid x otterbox clip
how to remove otterbox screen protector

otterbox defender replacement screen

otterbox defender replacement screen protector

otterbox defender screen protector

otterbox defender screen protector replacement

otterbox defender series screen protector replacement
otterbox defender series screen replacement
otterbox replacement screen protector
otterbox replacement screen protector galaxy s3

remove otterbox defender screen protector