OtterBox 1900

monsterman

Reaction score
This case will secure your phone in basically any conditions. your phone will still be useable through the front of the case while still keeping it watertight. I was not 100% sure the droid would fit in this but after I got it I can tell you it fits in it just fine. Note if you want to make calls you will need to use a bluetooth because there is no opening for the mic and speaker of the phone. I ordered this straight from otterbox.com for $50 and you can get it here: 1900 Series PDA Case // OtterBox.com
I also used this Coupon code and got 10% off and free shipping. Code: TechBargains0110P
You can also get some other accessories for the case, they can be found from the otterbox site. here are some pix of my phone in the case.
(2 AA Batteries to show you the size of the case. It is quite large)

6tgu46.jpg

16j34ia.jpg

zvplid.jpg

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
This will fit in my pocket just right. I hope this still fits in the car dock.:icon_ devil:

Pretty cool if i were to keep it in one place. Thanks for sharing.

OP
M

monsterman

Reaction score
LOL u got some big pockets :icon_ nana:
you can get a belt clip if u did want to tote it around on your belt. Would prolly get some interesting looks from people. I actually have the belt clip on order from amazon marketplace for $10 i'll post a pic of it on the thing when I get it. (not that I ever plan to have it clipped on my belt :rofl3:

nocoolname

Reaction score
That would work great for the lake and banging around in the glovebox of my truck when I'm offroading this summer.

neoncacher

Reaction score
I was just browsing through the Otterbox website and they have a 3 piece shell they are coming out with at a later date, either that or they are just out of stock. It is not waterproof, but I am sure it would offer a large amount of protection against a spill

DROID by Motorola Commuter Series Case
It will cost $34.95, how much is peace of mind worth???

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up. That is perfect for my fishing trips!!

Also, thanks for being the guinea pig and determining that it fits OK. :)

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I did order one of these and got it today. It's going to be great for in the boat. Not only is it waterproof, but it floats. It has a small hole in the top that is sealed with a very stout rubber plug. There is an spare plug that you can use in that hole and are able to run an earplug cord through and still maintain a waterproof seal. I will, however, use mine with a bluetooth headset.

Also, the coupon code in the first post works for a 10% discount and I got free shipping. Very impressed. :)

kaboyd

Reaction score
Man, that's some serious protection! Hey Bayou, does it really float with the Droid inside? Have you tried it? If it does, that is my new case when I'm on the Ohio.:)

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Man, that's some serious protection! Hey Bayou, does it really float with the Droid inside? Have you tried it? If it does, that is my new case when I'm on the Ohio.:)

Your post prompted me to go test it in the kitchen sink. IT FLOATS!! and the Droid was totally dry inside.!! This may be the best $44.95 I have spent in a long time. :icon_ banana:

kaboyd

Reaction score
Ha! Thanks for putting your Droid in harms way for my curiosity. I would have been very concerned about doing that:) but with your experiment results in hand, I am ordering one right now...

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
M
Ha! Thanks for putting your Droid in harms way for my curiosity. I would have been very concerned about doing that:) but with your experiment results in hand, I am ordering one right now...

Figured I had to know without a doubt too and I have insurance!:)

Hermes

Reaction score
I was just browsing through the Otterbox website and they have a 3 piece shell they are coming out with at a later date, either that or they are just out of stock. It is not waterproof, but I am sure it would offer a large amount of protection against a spill

DROID by Motorola Commuter Series Case
It will cost $34.95, how much is peace of mind worth???
I wish they would make one that totally encases the Droid like they make for the Storm & iPhone. I never use the slide out keyboard.:sad:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score