Belt clip for Otterbox

oche16

Reaction score
Hi, I ordered a case from Otterbox for my droid, I want to have a clip for my belt, can anyone suggest a clip for me that will fit over the Otterbox?
Thanks, Cheryl

orangepeel

Reaction score
The OEM Verizon A855 belt clip works with my Otterbox,and my Seidio.It's slightly tight,but not so much that you can't get it out pretty easily. They run about $10 on flea Bay.

OP
O

oche16

Reaction score
The OEM Verizon A855 belt clip works with my Otterbox,and my Seidio.It's slightly tight,but not so much that you can't get it out pretty easily. They run about $10 on flea Bay.

Thanks for the info Orangepeel!!

sporket

Reaction score
I went to Verizon today and tried out the clip with the Otter. No luck. It was way to tight for fit. IMHO the Otter would be the ideal case if it had a clip. Unfortunately, the OEM clip isn't the answer.

OP
O

oche16

Reaction score
I went to Verizon today and tried out the clip with the Otter. No luck. It was way to tight for fit. IMHO the Otter would be the ideal case if it had a clip. Unfortunately, the OEM clip isn't the answer.

Thank you for that info, do you think the Innocase Holster for seido would fit over the Otter?

sporket

Reaction score
Honestly, I couldn't tell you from experience. However, from the pictures it appears the Innocase is slim, in a side to side comparison its thinner. So, I would say no. I'm guessing a leather belt case may be my solution. I don't want to keep dumping $$ into a suitable case. Although, sadly for me (you?) Seidio is soon to release a rugged case that will work with their belt clip as well :(

OP
O

oche16

Reaction score
Honestly, I couldn't tell you from experience. However, from the pictures it appears the Innocase is slim, in a side to side comparison its thinner. So, I would say no. I'm guessing a leather belt case may be my solution. I don't want to keep dumping $$ into a suitable case. Although, sadly for me (you?) Seidio is soon to release a rugged case that will work with their belt clip as well :(

OMG, I can't believe it either, now I'm wishing I had gotten a Seidio cover to begin with, i know the Seido holster will fit a bare droid but it is such a pain in the butt to keep taking off the Otter case! But I do need a Holster, why wouldn't Otter make a holster!!!!! Aggravating! I do like my Otter case tho, I like how it covers up the connection parts and how it makes the turn on button easier, so i guess you have to take the good with the bad!!:blink:

orangepeel

Reaction score

Yeah, I figured they would vary in size considering how cheap the clip is. Mine works ,but it's loosened up over the last few week.....the Seidio fits better in the OEM case because it's slightly less bulky,and has less drag when pulling it out......still,it's not a perfect fit.

orangepeel

Reaction score
Thank you for that info, do you think the Innocase Holster for seido would fit over the Otter?

According to this guy it will not fit.

[video=youtube;C6ZM3m6JIrs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6ZM3m6JIrs&NR=1"]YouTube - OtterBox Commuter Series for Motorola Droid Review[/video]

It's at the 9 min mark of the video.

and another video [video=youtube;yHp7Go6HCpc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHp7Go6HCpc&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

pagemon

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a somewhere to order a holster or case for droid with otterbox? I live in a small town and was only able to check Walmart but all of their cases were way too small. And from the measurements on Otterbox's spec sheet most online cases are too small. Are larger cases really that hard to find?

GWeeDO2oo1

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Looking for a holster or clip for the Otterbox. My friend has the Innocase for his Droid and we tested it, it will not fit. Also have been looking for universal ones for smartphones with no success.

droid427

Reaction score
I just picked up a cheap universal foneGear brand case at Wally-World. It's a bit bulky, but it protects the phone well. It's constructed of nylon and elastic, with a vinyl-wrapped metal belt clip. It fits the OtterBox well, but only time will tell if the questionable quality will hold up. It was only $9, so I figured it was worth trying.