otterbox comuter case for droid drops

zero7404

Reaction score
that's a nice follow-up video ... thank you 808 for taking the time to make these videos ... i guess if u go professional u'r gonna need a tripod :)

on the otterbox, do all the buttons function good ? do you need to apply more pressure than normal to operate them ?
why did you install the top bezel with the screen extended ? does it not go on with the screen closed ?
last question then i'll leave u alone ... i think this case came with a screen protector, have you tried it ? i'm not normally a fan of screen protectors for all-glass screens because of the feel, but since it comes with it, could help keep the display from chipping if i dropped the fone.

808GLEE

Reaction score
that's a nice follow-up video ... thank you 808 for taking the time to make these videos ... i guess if u go professional u'r gonna need a tripod :)

on the otterbox, do all the buttons function good ? do you need to apply more pressure than normal to operate them ?
why did you install the top bezel with the screen extended ? does it not go on with the screen closed ?
last question then i'll leave u alone ... i think this case came with a screen protector, have you tried it ? i'm not normally a fan of screen protectors for all-glass screens because of the feel, but since it comes with it, could help keep the display from chipping if i dropped the fone.

Thanks Zero-
Don't have much $ right now, but I'll try and purchase a Tri-Pod soon. The OtterBox "Button Covers" are just fine. There is no need for added pressure. They all function as how they are suppose to. The "Charging Port" plug does seem to feel "loose" now, though. I guess with the constant use of putting it in, then removing to charge, wears down the "snug-ness" of the plug. I just slide out the top face to install, for my convenience. Its hard to install it with one hand and filming at the same time :). You can install it with the face closed, no problem! I have not tried the "OtterBox" brand screen protector yet. Right now I am currently using the SGP Steinheil Crystal screen protector. I would recommend this screen protector to anyone. Its great. The "feeling" of the screen protector is very smooth. Does not interfere with the clarity of the screen at all. A bit pricey though! Good luck Zero!!! Thanks for watching my videos!!

zero7404

Reaction score

Thanks Zero-
Don't have much $ right now, but I'll try and purchase a Tri-Pod soon. The OtterBox "Button Covers" are just fine. There is no need for added pressure. They all function as how they are suppose to. The "Charging Port" plug does seem to feel "loose" now, though. I guess with the constant use of putting it in, then removing to charge, wears down the "snug-ness" of the plug. I just slide out the top face to install, for my convenience. Its hard to install it with one hand and filming at the same time :). You can install it with the face closed, no problem! I have not tried the "OtterBox" brand screen protector yet. Right now I am currently using the SGP Steinheil Crystal screen protector. I would recommend this screen protector to anyone. Its great. The "feeling" of the screen protector is very smooth. Does not interfere with the clarity of the screen at all. A bit pricey though! Good luck Zero!!! Thanks for watching my videos!!

np ... my innocase has left some marks on my otherwise pristine fone, and i'm agitated. i hopped over to the innocase thread and left a little message about that ...

i take it the otterbox doesn't get to that point ... since sliding is smoother.

pigpen

Reaction score

ALL the buttons function good, it doesn't seem to feel like any extra pressure is needed ... taking pics feels easier.

why did you install the top bezel with the screen extended ?
does it not go on with the screen closed ?

Thats the easiest way to put it on securely.

last question then i'll leave u alone ... i think this case came with a screen protector, have you tried it ?

I've had the glass exposed on my Droid for the last 4 months. When i put this screen protector on all i could say was wow, and its still on.

i'm not normally a fan of screen protectors for all-glass screens because of the feel, but since it comes with it, could help keep the display from chipping if i dropped the fone.

And to SRGIUS, questioning the OEM verizon shell case and holster, NO it does not fit securely. The Otterbox is a little longer and fatter so its sits up above the top lip, and i think it would eventually make the case that belongs in fit very loosely.

jcardona1

Reaction score
Pics!!

case arrived today. overall impressions were great. the case is built great, has a great finish, fits great, the buttons works great, and even comes with a screen protector that fits much better than verizon crap. id say this is a great $35 investment. i'm extremely pleased :icon_ banana:

DSC_8832.jpg

DSC_8834.jpg

DSC_8836.jpg

DSC_8837.jpg

DSC_8838.jpg

DSC_8840.jpg

DSC_8841.jpg

DSC_8842.jpg

DSC_8844.jpg

DSC_8845.jpg

DSC_8847.jpg

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did an update video. Just wanted to share.

808, quick question for you, you have the same Seidio clip/holster I do any chance the Otterbox case fits in that holster? Looks a bit thicker but was maybe hoping it would. Thanks for the video review, looks good.

Oh, at the beginning you said it seemed to attract a bit more dust, still feel that way? Does the otter do a good job of keeping the dust 'out' of the case/phone? Dust is one of the main reasons I want to replace the Seidio (doesn't keep enough out, and no button protection). Thanks again.

c_law23

Reaction score
how are you guys getting free shipping? it wants to charge $4.80 for snail mail, $9.18 for 3 day fedex. I'm in Ohio.

808GLEE

Reaction score
808, quick question for you, you have the same Seidio clip/holster I do any chance the Otterbox case fits in that holster? Looks a bit thicker but was maybe hoping it would. Thanks for the video review, looks good.

Oh, at the beginning you said it seemed to attract a bit more dust, still feel that way? Does the otter do a good job of keeping the dust 'out' of the case/phone? Dust is one of the main reasons I want to replace the Seidio (doesn't keep enough out, and no button protection). Thanks again.

The OtterBox does not fit in the Seidio. No loss, the OtterBox has a Smooth feel to it, so to get it in and out of the pants pocket is easier than the Seidio. The "button covers" do attract dust. Mainly due in part, to the fact that I keep my Droid in my pockets. BUT, they keep the dust out of the ports, which is why the case was made right? So, yeah, they do the job!!!:icon_ banana: Thanks for watching my videos!!

orangepeel

Reaction score
i would buy this if they got rid of the ugly otterbox logo

It's not any worse than the Motorola logo on our phone.:icon_eek:

I'm with you though,I don't care for logo's,and wish the Otterbox logo was a bit smaller like the Seidio logo,but it's not a deal breaker for me as far as buying an Otterbox case.

zero7404

Reaction score
i just got mine in the mail today ... will try it out later on and give my feedback

zero7404

Reaction score
it's on ...

overall it's a well thought-out case. phone sits in it snugly, the bezel goes on easy, slide action feels as it does without a case on.

headphone and usb ports are both concealed really well with the flaps. when closed they form a nice seal so that you can hardly tell that they can be opened.

the case size makes the phone bigger than with the innocase. weight-wise, there isn't much difference between the 2 cases, but the added size makes the phone feel better in my hand. the outside plastic is smoother than the innocase, so if you left the phone on another smooth surface that's not level, it could slide.

buttons-wise, they all operate perfect, no extra pressure needed, they click with the same amount of movement as without a case.

the rubber parts will accumulate lint, so if you like your device really clean, prepare for periodic wipe-downs or taking it out of the case to clean everything. the rubber inner skin can come out and it can be rinsed with water.

as for the screen protector, i took a look at it and didn't bother with it. i prefer screen protectors from invisible shield.

this case is worth it ...