otterbox comuter case for droid drops

bizzy

Reaction score
i ordered the otterbox as well, should be coming in next week sometime. the logo is definitely an eyesore but i'm hoping they come out with better designs in the future.

i will also be keeping this in my pocket, and it seems the general consensus is otterbox > innocase for people not using belt clips/holsters.

Rebel420

Reaction score
Will it work with the stock moto. multimedia dock? if not, can you at least plug in the charging/data port with the case on? I could easily dump my multimedia dock on the 'bay' and get one of the cooler hardwood ones that use your own data cable if thats the case (no pun intended)

dino98

Reaction score
Yes you can plug in the straight mini usb cable with the case on easily. If you have a right angle cable you have to pull the rubber back a little to fit the cable in properly.

dino98

Reaction score
I have the ezestand also, works great with the otterbox case

MJ5150

Reaction score
Judging from the wonderful pics posted by jcardona1, thank you, this case looks to add more bulk or the same amount of bulk as the Body Glove. I can handle that.

-Mike

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Looks nice but I'd prefer if they designed a case that defeats the slide-out keyboard. A few days ago I sent Otterbox an email expressing interest as well as directing them to two threads here about this type of no-slide-out-keyboard case. No response yet... will post back if I hear anything from them.

I did the same, but just got a canned response.... Oh well, maybe one day.

zero7404

Reaction score
i tested my case for the first time. dropped by accident about 5 ft onto a hardwood floor....

the bezel popped off. not very pleased about that, because if it was concrete, the phone could have gotten scratched ...

orangepeel

Reaction score
i tested my case for the first time. dropped by accident about 5 ft onto a hardwood floor....

the bezel popped off. not very pleased about that, because if it was concrete, the phone could have gotten scratched ...

Same thing happened with my Seidio case when I dropped it on my hardwood flooring,and it happened again when I dropped it at work on concrete.These little snap-on cases aren't built for a hard drop,although they will handle them from time to time. I broke those two Seidio cases on my BB Storm before I went and bought a Otterbox Defendeer case for it....problem solved!

The only way to get a really protective case is with the Otterbox defender series,but they don't make it for the droid because it would in-close the slide out keyboard.It also makes the phone very bulky,but I promise you I used to drop my BB Storm all the time with this case and I never thought anything of it when it happened...it was a brick,but it was well protected from falls.

I've ordered this Otterbox wimp series case because I found it on sale for cheap,but just like the Seidio I don't expect it to take a really hard hit,so I'm being extra careful while using my Droid.

Bring on the Defender series Otterbox!!!

zero7404

Reaction score
it didnt happen with the innocase .. i guess it depends on the nature of the drop. but otterbox's reputation is built on protection ... so im not too confident yet

orangepeel

Reaction score
it didnt happen with the innocase .. i guess it depends on the nature of the drop. but otterbox's reputation is built on protection ... so im not too confident yet

I wouldn't get too confident either. Otterbox needs to stick with what they do best,and that's make bulky protective cases,not these little snap on plastic cases.IMO Seidio is going to be hard to beat at that game.

zero7404

Reaction score

I wouldn't get too confident either. Otterbox needs to stick with what they do best,and that's make bulky protective cases,not these little snap on plastic cases.IMO Seidio is going to be hard to beat at that game.

i am thinking that the rubber lip that is on the lower part of the phone could have been used on the bezel as well, so that it wraps around the back side of the screen on the sides. makes it more secure, but might interfere with the slide feature

zero7404

Reaction score
looking at the bright side, if they make a slight change to the case, they have to compensate those that bought the first iteration ... at least that's what Seidio did.

i keep shaking my head in amazement, how is it that the bezel of my innocase never popped off when i've dropped the phone 3 times, but on the first drop with the otterbox, it just pops off....

zero7404

Reaction score
update: dropped it again ... this time it fell about 4 ft onto hard tile surface. landed on the bezel (screen facing the floor). the case stayed on, no damage on anything.

my confidence is improving with my clumsiness i guess ... :)