otterbox comuter case for droid drops

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by cellphonedork, Mar 29, 2010.

1. cellphonedork

cellphonedork New Member

Just got an email from Otter Box. The Commuter case for the droid has droped.

DROID by Motorola Commuter Series Case // OtterBox.com

Use code DROID5 for $5 off 3/29 - 3/31

Looks like a solid case. I'm ordering one up as soon as I get home tonight.
  2. shmoo

shmoo New Member

Me as well! Been waiting for this one :icon_ banana:
  3. Zero

Zero New Member

sweet thank you
  4. Sweet Kitten Feet

Sweet Kitten Feet New Member

eagerly awaiting reviews and user pics of this case. I was disappointed they didn't make one when I got mine. I've been happy with my seidio case so far. But I like otterbox products and would consider changing.
  5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Got my email on it today. I wanted to do a write up in the blog but it doesn't look like I'll have time today.
  6. dieselpowered

dieselpowered New Member

Ill be interested to see the fit and finish...all those clam shell cases seem to cause a lot of rubbing when opening and closing the keyboard. Looks like a nice case though, can't wait to hear some reviews!
  7. Hermes

Hermes Member

Looks nice but I'd prefer if they designed a case that defeats the slide-out keyboard. A few days ago I sent Otterbox an email expressing interest as well as directing them to two threads here about this type of no-slide-out-keyboard case. No response yet... will post back if I hear anything from them.
  8. dino98

dino98 New Member

use code TechBargains0110p

to save 10% and get free FedEx ground shipping
  9. LMac8806

LMac8806 New Member

Got an email this morning ON MY DROID. Proceded to order an Otter Box ON MY DROID. I've had my Droid for 3 weeks and still can't over the awesomeness :icon_ banana: lol.
  10. zero7404

zero7404 New Member

i'm interested in this case, but what's up with the discount codes ? any 'hidden' gimicks, like personal info being sold to these companies for marketing purpose ? just curious ....

the only thing i am not warmed up about is not being able to use the case with any accessory (dock, car mount, etc..) ... i was looking into getting the car mount by seidio cause i have their innocase
  11. xkaper

xkaper New Member

Almost forgot about the email they sent me, thanks for the reminder.
  12. badfish

badfish New Member

Ordered mine yesterday morning. I checked the tracking number on USPS.com and they haven't even sent it out yet...? Hmmm maybe they just got an overload of orders and are still in the process of organizing them before shipping them. Either way I'll post pictures when I get mine and do a little review.
  13. zero7404

zero7404 New Member

thats a nice case but dealbreaker since otterbox doesnt offer cradles/mounts for it.
  14. jbireland30

jbireland30 New Member

I know someone will, but once someone on this forum gets the Otterbox case, I (and many others) would love to hear some input in how the Otterbox case really is in person and it is really worth the $35 it costs. Cheers!
  15. Mr Steve

Mr Steve New Member

Slight hijack, but what's a decent case to use in something like a beach or pool scenario? I normally carry my Droid in my LF jeans pocket sans case. But I'd like something to keep any errant water or sand off of it at times.

The Otterbox name got me interested since I've seen this ( 2600 Series PDA Case // OtterBox.com ) for the iPhone. Out of stock and I really don't need anything quite that bullet-proof. Something between the two.
  16. zero7404

zero7404 New Member

the easiest (and cheapest) thing i can think of would be a durable ziplock baggie :)
    thats what id use in that environment, i dont think that there will be any full-access, industrial grade cases for this phone over the horizon because a case like what you are looking for would not allow the fone to slide open.

in the interim, the otterbox looks like it seals the buttons with a silicon inner jacket, but the microusb & phones jacks are still exposed .... as well as the earpiece, microphone and gap between the phone halves/slider ....
  17. Mr Steve

Mr Steve New Member

Yep, that's probably what I'm going to do. I don't use a case normally and I'd probably lose it between uses if I had one. That's already the method I use now if my outdoor activities might be threatened by rain. Carrying too much $$$ in electronics to be unprepared.
  18. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

It looks gorgeous. Can't wait to see user reviews on this.
  19. BostonDan

BostonDan Member

Just got mine today! I shipped it free (USPS) and ordered it on Sunday night, got an order confirmation Monday morning, and the case arrived today. I like it so far, seems durable (like all otterbox products, but because the sliding keyboard, it does not envelop the entire droid, but provides protection (i.e. water can still leak in between the screen and the keyboard). There is a rubber gasket around the bottom 1/2 of the droid (keyboard area) to reduce this, but still.... As for the top piece, it is really just a click on piece of plastic that goes over a screen protector (clear). I have my original screen protector on underneath otterbox's harder plastic, and the Droid seems to take my inputs just as nicely as if the hard plastic protective screen were not present. They also keep the speaker uncovered (another possible source of water leaking into the droid, but the sound is still clear, so this is a trade-off). I have not tried this with my docking station yet, and because of the case, I do not think that the car-dock will work either unless you remove the bottom 1/2 of the otterbox case.

All in all, I would rate this case an 8 out of 10.

Cheers,
    B.D.
  20. Sweet Kitten Feet

Sweet Kitten Feet New Member

pics. need pics..... please
Search tags for this page

decorate my otterbox

decorate otterbox

decorate your otterbox.
decorate your ugly ottobox
decorating my otter case

how to decorate an otterbox