OTA Updates Possible Before The 11th?

cdd543

Reaction score
You should swap it if it is freezing. My first one froze twice daily, but my replacement has only frozen once..after installing screebl...uninstalled that and I'm golden. Zero freezes!

Xerozix

Reaction score
I'm bashing my head against a wall. I can either choose to root my phone, and have the possibility of not getting the update, or NOT root my phone, and get the update.

Xerozix

Reaction score
That can't be 2.0.1. I've just learned that you will NOT receive OTA updates once you root your phone. So I'm not doing it. Yet :)

Imagine running a webserver on your phone roflmao

Stigy

Reaction score
Did you look at the link or say "eww no" when you saw it was in the root post? Here is a direct link to the file: https://android.clients.google.com/updates/voles/signed-voles-ESD56-from-ESD20.84263456.zip

Chrome gives a warning that the site is an impostor.
Everytime it was downloaded it gave me that error because it wasn't doing https correctly.

I just downloaded and applied and im now running 2.0.1 -- that is the link to the OTA update.

NVash

Reaction score
I had a million updates I had to download yesterday for a ton of apps, but I doubt any of them were as important as this. How do I access the Update screen to check if I have any?

And how would I know if I had this update or not?

Stigy

Reaction score
The link above is to the ACTUAL update downloaded when your phone tells you its time for the update to be applied.

It is DIRECTLY from Google.

You download that, rename it to update.zip and place it on the root of your SD card. Then go into recovery mode (X+Power, Camera + Volume Up) and apply update.zip from the recovery menu.

Takes 3-4 minutes to boot and BAM 2.0.1 instantly.

windstrings

Reaction score
The link above is to the ACTUAL update downloaded when your phone tells you its time for the update to be applied.

You download that, rename it to update.zip and place it on the root of your SD card. Then go into recovery mode (X+Power, Camera + Volume Up) and apply update.zip from the recovery menu.

OK... now you've got my attention!.......
You have to hit all 4 of those functions at once?

windstrings

Reaction score
Would also be cool to have a QR code to access the site directly "unless someone wants to put it in a better place and do that".

Xerozix

Reaction score

OK... now you've got my attention!.......
You have to hit all 4 of those functions at once?
No, you need to first copy the file to your sd card, then turn off your phone

while turning on, hold X. You'll get to a screen where there is a hazard sign and exclamation point. From there you need to hold volume up and camera until you get to a screen that has your options.