OTA Updates Possible Before The 11th?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The general public doesn't care to know. I also love my phone the way it is. When it gets here good. Until it gets here it's still good.

Quoted for truth. This device isn't like CERTAIN devices i've used (*cough*BB Storm*cough*) - it's not like it NEEDS an update. I just want a camera that doesn't suffer from PMS every 24.5 days.

davidbehrns

Reaction score
We may be thinking of a different SMS bug. Mine was that there was at least one number that I just plain couldn't send a message to. Doing so would just fail with a sort of generic error message.

I would get that sort of thing when trying to text a picture so some of my buddies. The problem is the 5 MP camera (even on the lowest settings) makes such large files the SMS software tries to convert it and freaks out. Verizon would then text message me telling me that only 160 characters will be sent even though nothing was.

Sort of a strange experience. I was able to text smaller pictures to them but nothing the Droid took. Awesomeness has its price, I guess.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The general public doesn't care to know. I also love my phone the way it is. When it gets here good. Until it gets here it's still good.

Quoted for truth. This device isn't like CERTAIN devices i've used (*cough*BB Storm*cough*) - it's not like it NEEDS an update. I just want a camera that doesn't suffer from PMS every 24.5 days.

:rofl3:
Gave me a good laugh.

trekuhl

Reaction score
i hut the unlock button on mine yesterday round 5pm and there was a notification on the screen that the update was already downloaded and need to install.

my coworker in the meantime is agonizing over the update since it didnt pop up on his automatically...

Reaction score
Okay, to you guys who HAVE gotten it, are any of you guys running Open Home or any other theme program? If so, how does it play with the update?

hebertm1

Reaction score
I just did the *228 and the number 1 to program my phone and it gave me my update.:icon_ banana:

comacase

Reaction score
almost there...

I have solutions. I'm developing a time machine in my basement. It's the size of Noah's ark. In hours, we'll all sail through the future into droid update heaven. Your welcome.

can we stop for snacks?

cant forget a beverage of choice.:pint:
I've almost completed it. I've found the last capacitor, a tweaker had it in his oven. The droid will do the work from here. Send a money order to my paypal account and we'll be on our way. :icon_eek:

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
well...since its been rooted cant someone send us all the update?

Ted

Reaction score
I was looking forward to the update. I was patiently waiting till the 11th. But then YOU GUYS come along and start talking about an early update, showing pics and vids of the update, commenting on it and now I can't stand it! I want my update right now!! HEEELP! So much for waiting patiently.

Oh, I'm in the Tampa area, BTW.

misaac

Reaction score
Someone let us know when they have successfully done it following the instructions that person posted... I'd rather wait and see if they are accurate.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nope, I'm not going to do it. I'll just wait for the OTA. Don't care to even look to see how it's done.

Well, maybe I'll look but I'm still not going to do it.:)