OTA Update Fails

Phreon

Reaction score
So you did the unroot process before doing the ota? And since then have not rooted or unlocked again?

This is getting a little frustrating. Yes, I've already stated that my phone was unlocked, running AmonRa and rooted and that I flashed the stock boot, derooted and relocked.....

I'm more or less familiar with flashing, having installed AmonRa, running the unlock, rooting, etc. I wasn't clear however if the update listed abovewill fail if the phone has ever been unlocked or only if it's currently unlocked (which it is not. It was relocked). Seems like my old Droid 1 was much easier to deal with. I went through ROMs on that thing all the time.

Thanks

DroDough

Reaction score
Phreon said:
This is getting a little frustrating. Yes, I've already stated that my phone was unlocked, running AmonRa and rooted and that I flashed the stock boot, derooted and relocked.....

I'm more or less familiar with flashing, having installed AmonRa, running the unlock, rooting, etc. I wasn't clear however if the update listed abovewill fail if the phone has ever been unlocked or only if it's currently unlocked (which it is not. It was relocked). Seems like my old Droid 1 was much easier to deal with. I went through ROMs on that thing all the time.

Thanks

Hey, no need in getting rough around the edges. I am just trying to help. Trying to get all the info. If your phone is back to stock/unrooted and locked then you should be good to go. Wasn't trying to make this a long drawn out process.

Phreon

Reaction score
Hey, no need in getting rough around the edges. I am just trying to help. Trying to get all the info. If your phone is back to stock/unrooted and locked then you should be good to go. Wasn't trying to make this a long drawn out process.

Sorry, my bad. I've been re-answering questions quite a bit today (not related to the phone). Have to remember you guys have no idea of the skill level you're dealing with. Updating these ROMS always makes me a little nervous. How long is too long to boot? Why is provisioning taking so long? Yadda yadda.

My Rezound is updating as we speak. Depending on how I like it, I'll either root/debloat it or look for an AOSP (Any suggestion for a good source?).

Many thanks

DroDough

Reaction score
Phreon said:
Sorry, my bad. I've been re-answering questions quite a bit today (not related to the phone). Have to remember you guys have no idea of the skill level you're dealing with. Updating these ROMS always makes me a little nervous. How long is too long to boot? Why is provisioning taking so long? Yadda yadda.

My Rezound is updating as we speak. Depending on how I like it, I'll either root/debloat it or look for an AOSP (Any suggestion for a good source?).

Many thanks

I can't really give a good reccomendation on a AOSP sites. I would say check around XDA's website, you may find more leads. I defitnetly understand how questions after so long can get a little irritating, I give you credit for that. As for your phone I think you will enjoy this build. It is the best I have used so far and with the option to disable bloatware, makes it that much better. My apps, maps, lag and battery have all improved with this version.

acejavelin

Reaction score
AOSP/AOKP-based ROMs, CyanogenMod, MIUI, etc., are all only partially working, even though the RIL has been cracked, they are all still missing some things or have minor stability issues. The main issue seems to be how everything in the hardware is tied in so deeply with Sense, most things have been worked around, but a few haven't. XDA has several threads about them, most are still just in alpha to beta release stages and will likely not advance much more until HTC releases the ICS kernel source code and the devs are able to hack into it... so with HTC's track record we are probably talking about a November-ish time frame.

TheWolf

Reaction score
So this seems a bit dubious. I never did get the ota update to run on my phone. It did install at one point, but got locked on the HTC loading screen. I was able to restore from an AmonRa backup to a working phone again, ended up letting the locked up OTA stay and got a new phone (they didn't charge me for it, thank goodness). Apparently, if you have unlocked your bootloader, the OTA will not work? The only other thing I could think of is some kind of conflict with AmonRa vs the stock recovery?

At any rate, got my new Rezound, updated fine. I have not unlocked it yet, weighing the benefits of doing this, not finding much cause short of AdFree and AirPush Detector.
ICS has some nice features, battery seems to drain quicker at times. Freezing apps from the settings is very nice. Not seeing much increase in performance, however, most functions do run "smoother". App Drawer is handy, Google Maps and Navigation DO NOT work anymore, they crash the phone!! Hopefully Google will fix this, but I ended up getting CoPilot (FYI - Awesome, however, not for a casual GPS user).

Snoking

Reaction score
TheWolf said:
So this seems a bit dubious. I never did get the ota update to run on my phone. It did install at one point, but got locked on the HTC loading screen. I was able to restore from an AmonRa backup to a working phone again, ended up letting the locked up OTA stay and got a new phone (they didn't charge me for it, thank goodness). Apparently, if you have unlocked your bootloader, the OTA will not work? The only other thing I could think of is some kind of conflict with AmonRa vs the stock recovery?

At any rate, got my new Rezound, updated fine. I have not unlocked it yet, weighing the benefits of doing this, not finding much cause short of AdFree and AirPush Detector.
ICS has some nice features, battery seems to drain quicker at times. Freezing apps from the settings is very nice. Not seeing much increase in performance, however, most functions do run "smoother". App Drawer is handy, Google Maps and Navigation DO NOT work anymore, they crash the phone!! Hopefully Google will fix this, but I ended up getting CoPilot (FYI - Awesome, however, not for a casual GPS user).

You can delete 6.10.0 maps and get 6.9.2 on the internet.

DroDough

Reaction score
TheWolf said:

Now that you have a new fully stock/locked phone, follow this link. Download the 4.03.605.2 update and flash it to your phone. androidpolice.com/2012/08/15/exclusive-download-full-ruu-build-4-03-605-2-for-the-htc-rezound/ the flashing instructions are right there on the web page as well. Keep in mind this will wipe your phone. The good thing is that this update will fix the issues you are having, it has been the best build I have used so far. Feel free to pm me or post here if you need any help.

acejavelin

Reaction score

If you are running a fairly new and clean Rezound, I agree with DroDough and highly recommend flashing up to the 4.3.605.2 software release, it is very nice and fixes most issues in the official release, in fact the only real bug I have heard of is an issue with JavaScript in the default browser that is very specific to list expansion and and sorting, and even that is minor, a quick scroll and it corrects itself, or just drop in Chrome, it is 10 times the browser of the Webkit one.

Phreon

Reaction score
I have no issues with maps, etc, but I passed Go and went right to 4.3.605.2. Prior to taking the RUU route, I had relocked/unrooted/stock flashed my phone and the OTA update worked fine up till the point where it couldn't find that *(&%^ golf game I debloated. I can't think of a single reason why the upgrade has dependencies on that damned game. I suppose I could have reinstalled the custom flash, restored to a backup prior to debloating, but running the RUU was FAR easier.

I'm not sure who I should be directing my ire towards, HTC or Verizon, but leave it to 'em to take Android and munge it up into a stinking, bloated corpse of failure. So far I've been crash free on this version of ICS.

Islander53

Reaction score
Now that you have a new fully stock/locked phone, follow this link. Download the 4.03.605.2 update and flash it to your phone. androidpolice.com/2012/08/15/exclusive-download-full-ruu-build-4-03-605-2-for-the-htc-rezound/ the flashing instructions are right there on the web page as well. Keep in mind this will wipe your phone. The good thing is that this update will fix the issues you are having, it has been the best build I have used so far. Feel free to pm me or post here if you need any help.

Do you know if this new 4.03.605.2 leak version will create the same problem similar to those who used the ICS leak version. They never got the ICS OTA when it was released

HowardZ

Reaction score
Do you know if this new 4.03.605.2 leak version will create the same problem similar to those who used the ICS leak version. They never got the ICS OTA when it was released

Do you know that people do not like to read the same question of yours in three different threads?