Freezing Updater.apk not working... help!

alpinewil81

Reaction score
So,

I've loaded Titanium BackUp Pro, prior to freezing I cleaned all cache memories and even wiped my SD card. However... upon completion I froze the Updater.apk, phone still tries to update. Its not as often, but it tries. And when it does, I get this:

RA Revamped
Build: RA-VIGOR v3.13-getitnowmarketing
Finding update package…
Opening update package…
Installing update…
Copying fotaBoot to /data/system for customize reload…
Verifying current system…
assert failed: apply_patch_check(“/system/app/AccountSyncManager.apk”, E:unknown command [“b9a36302874fe20264b1147dc97e23989d6b8014”.]
E: unkown command [f5496”)]

E:Error in /cache/fumo/OTAPkg.zip
(Status 7)
Installation Aborted

Any idea what that means exactly?

I'm not sure what to do... as the .apk files seem to change every couple errors.

And its getting annoying that it reboots to the HTC developer screen every stinking time...

HELP!!! Thanks guys!

trizzypballr

Reaction score
This is what happened to me. Now im stuck on that htc phone, apparently my phone is bricked?

OP
A

alpinewil81

Reaction score
This is what happened to me. Now im stuck on that htc phone, apparently my phone is bricked?

I haven't landed in the brick abyss just yet. Besides, they say its pretty difficult to truly brick the newer phones... they aren't structured like those of old and have various ways to backdoor and restructure the drives.

I just wanted this stupid OTA for ICS to quit... that's all. I wish you could go online to Verizon and simply opt out of the new Operating System... ugh. Its dumb they keep pinging until you've actually updated. I guess if I can't smoothly get around this, I'll flash back to stock, the reroot the phone, then install another ROM that works well in its place. They say the boot time is faster, and if that's the case... then that's about the only thing I'll find of benefit over my current setup.

Ugh... they're about as persistent and as appreciated as the IRS.