OTA 6.11.748.XT912.Verizon.en.us

dotcom624

Reaction score
Thanks for the easy to use instructions! I've been following the thread all day and just got the chance to do it. Worked like a charm. Can't wait till the fastboot files come out so that most of the "my phone won't update" will go away :)

rickfox

Reaction score
I am not too sure since mine just died...I will make sure I am using the right one later.

Thanks

akiles

Reaction score
Yep, the file is under mnt/sdcard_ext/[long a$$ name here].zip
The files under my /system/app match the contents of the dump /system/app
I downloaded the update twice (from my phone earlier and just now from my pc) and same result.
If you notice, apparently it fails when checking build.prop -which I had originally modified- but restored the one from the dump.

I went to the moto recovery and updated as usual but it fails. I can't think of anything else??? I may have to wait until a developer makes a ROM with this update/built. It sucks, I was one of the ones with data issues.

Is the update package on the root of your SD card? Are you installing it using the method in the op?

Sent from Droid RAZR

akiles

Reaction score
So you can download the update and sideload it yourself instead of waiting until it becomes available to your phone.
Someone already got it and was nice enough to share it with the rest of us.
Just a question, maybe i am dumb, but why does the link take you to Blur_Version.6.11.744.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip?

akiles

Reaction score
I think that the Blurr version on the razr is a little more "advanced."
There are a few dumps available (devs need to change the terminology, I feel dirty saying this). There is one at xda with 195mb. Mine is 235mbs and I don't remember where I got it from, but I believe it is supposed to be US version.

I sent you a PM with the apk -check with someone else about the odex file.

I've been fighting with this issue, except with dockservice.apk I also downloaded the system dump and replaced the file, set the permissions, and still it does not allow the update. I wonder if that is because the system dump I found isn't for the en.US razr. Has anyone been able to find an en.US system dump?

dotcom624

Reaction score
The naming scheme that is used is what you are coming from, not what you are going to. Makes it "easier" to know if you have the right package. Still confusing though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

akiles

Reaction score
What chu talking about willis? what 2 files? I only see one (blur***.zip)

Are you gents installing the right update.zip and making sure you are putting it on the root of your sdcard?

When you choose to install zip from SD card there will be 2 of them. Make sure to choose this one:

Blur_Version
.6.11.744.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip. Not the one that starts off with:
._Blur_Version.6.11.744.XT912.
Verizon.en.US.zip

rickfox

Reaction score
The naming scheme that is used is what you are coming from, not what you are going to. Makes it "easier" to know if you have the right package. Still confusing though.

Okay, that is why I was asking. I did not realize that, that is why it says Newbie under my name I guess. Thanks

akiles

Reaction score
Under ro.fingerprint I have
verizon/spyder_vzw/cdma_spyder:2.3.5/6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-33/111103:user/release-keys
There's where the update fails for me -the error msg I get refers to a different entry under ro.fingerprint.

JaBr1884

Reaction score
I think that the Blurr version on the razr is a little more "advanced."
There are a few dumps available (devs need to change the terminology, I feel dirty saying this). There is one at xda with 195mb. Mine is 235mbs and I don't remember where I got it from, but I believe it is supposed to be US version.

I sent you a PM with the apk -check with someone else about the odex file.

Thank you! For the life of me, I cannot find a RAZR system dump that clearly states it is from a Verizon/US version. I'll let you know if it works.

Update: Nope :( Same issue. I set permissions RW-R--R-- which is what I believe is correct. Same error. I don't know what kind of wizardry has taken over my phone, but this is so frustrating. I've never been without an SBF/FXZ, and boy do I appreciate them even more now (and the people who brought them to us).

Did anyone here who updated properly also install the webtop through hdmi port hack, where you don't need the $30 adapter or docks? Even though I replaced all the associated files, this is the only thing I can think of that could be an issue on my end.

garywojdan81

Reaction score
Thanks to the O.P. This worked perfectly!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
What chu talking about willis? what 2 files? I only see one (blur***.zip)

When i backed up root using that app I'm assuming that's what that duplicate package was. I'm not near my pc so I can see how big that file is. It should be very small because the bu was instant.

If its not then I don't know what the heck that package is :)

Weird

Sent from Droid RAZR

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Under ro.fingerprint I have
verizon/spyder_vzw/cdma_spyder:2.3.5/6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-33/111103:user/release-keys
There's where the update fails for me -the error msg I get refers to a different entry under ro.fingerprint.

Man I wish i could help you out on this one because messing around in build.prop is a very tricky thing. I wish we would have spoke before you messed around in there because I would have told you "DON'T DO IT!" :)

You may want to send a pm over Xeudoxus's way. That guy knows his way around anything. He's brilliant......

Sorry I wasn't of any help

Sent from Droid RAZR

mkemvp32

Reaction score
I just want to know one thing, my phone says, 6.11.744.XT912.Verizon.en.US. So is this the update we need? This is how my phone came. It's a white razr i got like last Thursday. Do I need to update? I'm also rooted, will I be getting the update or should I unroot? I'm not sure I want to try this method.I have not made a backup of my phone

dotcom624

Reaction score
I just want to know one thing, my phone says, 6.11.744.XT912.Verizon.en.US. So is this the update we need? This is how my phone came. It's a white razr i got like last Thursday. Do I need to update? I'm also rooted, will I be getting the update or should I unroot? I'm not sure I want to try this method.I have not made a backup of my phone

1.Yes, this is the correct update. The naming scheme is what you are coming from, not going to (from .744 to .748).
2.No, you do not need to update...yet. Technically, this is still soak test, but I have heard it will be released before Friday.
3. If you follow the instructions in the original post it says to install the free ota rootkeeper, which will allow you to temp unroot and then re-root when updated. Works great.

4.This is an officially signed update, so there should be no risk if bricking your phone, if you didn't delete any bloat.

That's four things. Thanks to the OP for most of this info. A lot of this info has already been mentioned in this thread, and many others on the subject.