OTA 6.11.748.XT912.Verizon.en.us

OP
konellaz

konellaz

Reaction score
Is it possible to apply this update when using safe strap if booted into the rooted stock rom? I just want to make sure I don't soft brick my RAZR before the VZW SBF file is leaked

As long as all your bloat is intact and you follow OP you will not soft brick. Its the official signed by moto OTA

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

swiftbmx

Reaction score
Can someone please be kind enough to tell me how to get into recovery? I tried safestrap and went to "apply rom from sd-card" and it failed to update with Status 6. Any help?

dewar

Reaction score
with the phone off, hold down the volume up and down and power buttons. let go off all the buttons. scroll down with the volume down button to recovery. select recovery by pressing the volume up button. when you see the triangle with the !, press both the volume up and down buttons at the same time. now your in recovery.

OP
konellaz

konellaz

Reaction score
with the phone off, hold down the volume up and down and power buttons. let go off all the buttons. scroll down with the volume down button to recovery. select recovery by pressing the volume up button. when you see the triangle with the !, press both the volume up and down buttons at the same time. now your in recovery.

Thank you Dewar! And I apologize for being a smart a$$ about that in OP.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

swiftbmx

Reaction score

thank you so much! every android phone ive had ends up being different

JaBr1884

Reaction score
If anyone has the update process go to about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way through the progress bar, then fail, please let us know here. I know I'm back to stock, so I don't know why this update is failing on me.

Fix is in OP now, under ******ATTENTION******

rickfox

Reaction score
I am having that problem. I was thinking it was because I have all of the bloat disabled, and I uninstalled the music app. I was trying to reinstall the music app with titanium, but after an hour it didn't install.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Worked perfectly on my end. There were 2 packages on the root of my SD card luckily this one was labelled different otherwise I'd never be able to decipher them.

Updated and rooted again :)

Give the OP some likes for hooking us up :)

akiles

Reaction score
I just gave up. I restored every single app in the phone from the razr dump. I compared that against all the apps in my phone. All 400+ files match.
I get an error when checking on the build.prop file I had mildly modified. Replaced the file from the dump, fixed the permissions and still no go -anyone familiar with this error?

error.jpg

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Is the update package on the root of your SD card? Are you installing it using the method in the op?

Sent from Droid RAZR

rickfox

Reaction score
Just a question, maybe i am dumb, but why does the link take you to Blur_Version.6.11.744.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip?

JaBr1884

Reaction score
I just gave up. I restored every single app in the phone from the razr dump. I compared that against all the apps in my phone. All 400+ files match.
I get an error when checking on the build.prop file I had mildly modified. Replaced the file from the dump, fixed the permissions and still no go -anyone familiar with this error?

View attachment 44390

I've been fighting with this issue, except with dockservice.apk I also downloaded the system dump and replaced the file, set the permissions, and still it does not allow the update. I wonder if that is because the system dump I found isn't for the en.US razr. Has anyone been able to find an en.US system dump?

rickfox

Reaction score
What error did you get?

The error I am getting is:

Verfying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/preinstall/KnowYourDevice/Motorola_XT912_BatterySave.3gp", "5faf882a9f143c2e45a264aad9c067233a43be8b", "6bcc903965d9cd3862f5c5a5760e129d36b07cf5")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Hope this helps.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Are you gents installing the right update.zip and making sure you are putting it on the root of your sdcard?

When you choose to install zip from SD card there will be 2 of them. Make sure to choose this one:

Blur_Version
.6.11.744.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip. Not the one that starts off with:
._Blur_Version.6.11.744.XT912.
Verizon.en.US.zip