OTA 6.11.748.XT912.Verizon.en.us

mkemvp32

Reaction score
Oh, crap! I did remove some bloat. Not all but some like NFL mobile, VZ Nav. and like 2 others. I did not make a backup before. Am I totally screwed!? I remember when I rooted my OG, that was the first thing I did was make a backup, but it was such a long time ago that I totally forgot! If I unroot,will it make a difference? I am not planning on doing this manually. I am hoping for the OTA update. One more thing, where can I get the recovery that works on the Razr. I should make a backup asap.

K

kbatrph

How to manually update your Razr and keep root with no PC involved.

1st Download Official OTA here and place on SDcard-ext. (Modified)

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

2. Download and instal Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper from market free.

https://market.andro...o.otarootkeeper

3. With OTA Rootkeeper open choose protect root

4. In OTA Rootkeeper Click temp. Unroot (keeps backup)

5. Reboot into Moto recovery (if you don't know how you should not be doing this )

6. Update from SD

7. Once phone is rebooted open voodoo and restore SU

My lte seems better I'm in a brick building

*******you must have all bloat intact********

****DO NOT REMOVE SAFESTRAP
****YOU DON'T NEED TOO
****ALWAYS REMOVE SAFESTRAP WITHIN THE RECOVERY MENU

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

this update is also available now OTA...i just got mine

sireted

Reaction score
the only thing id like to add, and its my own fault for rushing, but if your getting an error make sure that you defrost all you frozen apps. then go ahead and use the rootkeeper. once i did that it worked like a charm

OP
konellaz

konellaz

Reaction score
I didn't un frost a thing and all went well.

Hmm.. I wonder if its the actual deleting/removing of bloat that's the hang up, because if you stayed frozen I unfroze we both succeeded.. Did you remove Safestrap? I only disabled it, it was installed at the time. I even used it to verify my backup before the update flash.

gling

Reaction score
I just gave up. I restored every single app in the phone from the razr dump. I compared that against all the apps in my phone. All 400+ files match.
I get an error when checking on the build.prop file I had mildly modified. Replaced the file from the dump, fixed the permissions and still no go -anyone familiar with this error?

View attachment 44390

+1.
I've got the same error and have spent all evening comparing a downloaded dump to what's on the phone and don't see any diff. Was rooted with a few frozen apps but unfroze and unrooted prior to flashing update. Even tried factory reset and still no luck.
Please post if you find a solution.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Einsteindks

Reaction score
I removed nothing, and still am having problems with it checking, and failing, installed programs. I was doing fine, replacing with saved system files until vending.odex. I guess I'm stuck until someone makes a zip out of it. Long live LTE! WHOOPS, too late.

jtpowell

Reaction score
Hmm.. I wonder if its the actual deleting/removing of bloat that's the hang up, because if you stayed frozen I unfroze we both succeeded.. Did you remove Safestrap? I only disabled it, it was installed at the time. I even used it to verify my backup before the update flash.

No, didn't remove Safestrap. Placed update on ext-sd, unrooted, booted into recovery, applied update, restored root. It was that easy for me.
I have frozen
Amazon Kindle
Books
MotoActv
VZ Navigator
BlockBuster

Probably a few others but those stick out.

OP
konellaz

konellaz

Reaction score
+1.
I've got the same error and have spent all evening comparing a downloaded dump to what's on the phone and don't see any diff. Was rooted with a few frozen apps but unfroze and unrooted prior to flashing update. Even tried factory reset and still no luck.
Please post if you find a solution.

Do you have Hashcode's Safestrap installed
If so, have you ever uninstalled it
If so, how?

K

kbatrph

The error I am getting is:

Verfying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/preinstall/KnowYourDevice/Motorola_XT912_BatterySave.3gp", "5faf882a9f143c2e45a264aad9c067233a43be8b", "6bcc903965d9cd3862f5c5a5760e129d36b07cf5")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Hope this helps.

got this same message....i now am trying to use the Voodoo rootkeeper process first, then downloading update directly from Verizon to see if that works...will let you know

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Thank you to the o p! It works perfectly! my data is much improved.....it does drop during the 3g/4g transition but its 100% better and if I leave it on cdma only now it holds 3g like my x and x2 did! Camera is definitely quicker too...

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
So I initially rooted using the Doomlord method and froze apps with TiBu, the other day since this was coming I unfroze and use his unroot method as well. I never installed bootstrap or safestrap, so now I am stock and unrooted. Can I just update with the zip and use the Doomlord again to root? Or does the Doomlord not support this new OS yet?

cfaber

Reaction score
Thanks for the write up, I'm going to try this later today =)

akiles

Reaction score
The OTA will fail!
Search for "droid RAZR system dump." There are 2 around. I believe the US version is the 235mb one (please someone correct me if I am wrong.)
From the dump, move the files you are missing to your system. Remember to mount rw first and to set the permissions properly.
I can't remember where I got my dump from (and I don't believe links are allowed) but if you can't find it, PM me and I'll try to upload it to SugarSync when I get home (7pmish EST).

PS: most files have an odex sibbling -I can't really tell you what the deal with these is as far as restoring them. maybe some one can chime in and lecture me.

Oh, crap! I did remove some bloat. Not all but some like NFL mobile, VZ Nav. and like 2 others. I did not make a backup before. Am I totally screwed!? I remember when I rooted my OG, that was the first thing I did was make a backup, but it was such a long time ago that I totally forgot! If I unroot,will it make a difference? I am not planning on doing this manually. I am hoping for the OTA update. One more thing, where can I get the recovery that works on the Razr. I should make a backup asap.