OTA 6.11.748.XT912.Verizon.en.us

K

kbatrph

How to manually update your Razr and keep root with no PC involved.

1st Download Official OTA here and place on SDcard-ext. (Modified)

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

2. Download and instal Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper from market free.

https://market.andro...o.otarootkeeper

3. With OTA Rootkeeper open choose protect root

4. In OTA Rootkeeper Click temp. Unroot (keeps backup)

5. Reboot into Moto recovery (if you don't know how you should not be doing this )

6. Update from SD

7. Once phone is rebooted open voodoo and restore SU

My lte seems better I'm in a brick building

*******you must have all bloat intact********

****DO NOT REMOVE SAFESTRAP
****YOU DON'T NEED TOO
****ALWAYS REMOVE SAFESTRAP WITHIN THE RECOVERY MENU

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

i am getting the following error message:

assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/preinstall/KnowYourDevice/Motorola_XT912_BatterySave.3gp" , "5faf882a9f143c2e45a264aad9c067233a43be8b", "6bcc903965d9cd3862f5c5a5760e129d36b07cf5")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

do i need to do a factory reset to get this to work??? hope not...thanks

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Did you remove that file it is referring to? Looks like some sort of training video that might have been imbedded in the help program or setup wizard.

gling

Reaction score
Do you have Hashcode's Safestrap installed
If so, have you ever uninstalled it
If so, how?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Never had Safestrap/Bootstrap installed. Just rooted to use apps and get a little more from the phone until ICS comes along however now that development has kicked in, I might have to revise the game plan.

gling

Reaction score
i am getting the following error message:

assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/preinsall/KnowYourDevice/Motorola_XT912_BatterySave.3gp" , "5faf882a9f143c2e45a264aad9c067233a43be8b", "6bcc903965d9cd3862f5c5a5760e129d36b07cf5")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

do i need to do a factory reset to get this to work??? hope not...thanks

Same error here and I already tried a factory reset and it didn't help.

rickfox

Reaction score
got this same message....i now am trying to use the Voodoo rootkeeper process first, then downloading update directly from Verizon to see if that works...will let you know

Alright sounds good. I even went to the length of switching back to the original rom this morning and then trying it. I still got the same error. I also tried to redownload it, and still got the same error. Hoping to get this installed since I have been experiencing some 3g issues.

Thanks

rickfox

Reaction score
Did you remove that file it is referring to? Looks like some sort of training video that might have been imbedded in the help program or setup wizard.

Not that I know of. I know I did uninstall the guided tours though.

K

kbatrph

do you know where i would find it?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Not that I know of. I know I did uninstall the guided tours though.

Yeah that is your problem, you can't uninstall anything and then expect the update to work. It needs those files present because the update is going to *update* them, so them not being there makes that a little harder.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Someone on here might have a back up saved or can put the file off their device with Root Explorer. Just make a post and ask someone for it would be your best bet.

K

kbatrph

Yeah that is your problem, you can't uninstall anything and then expect the update to work. It needs those files present because the update is going to *update* them, so them not being there makes that a little harder.

yeah, i didn't delete them, that i know of, but all the guided tours videos are missing....wth? how do i get them back?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
So I initially rooted using the Doomlord method and froze apps with TiBu, the other day since this was coming I unfroze and use his unroot method as well. I never installed bootstrap or safestrap, so now I am stock and unrooted. Can I just update with the zip and use the Doomlord again to root? Or does the Doomlord not support this new OS yet?

Disregard this, I just rerooted with Doomlord and followed instruction on OP to the letter. Update done and it is rebooting now *fingers crossed* then will open Voodoo and restore root and see how it goes.

K

kbatrph

if i go to guided tours, and select Basic Setup and Usage Videos, there are NO videos there, but when i select Additional Videos, they're ALL there....any suggestions?

rickfox

Reaction score

Then why wouldn't it work when I switched back to the "factory" rom? I checked and all of that stuff was installed in that?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am not sure sorry, obviously something you did is messing up the update. Something you uninstalled, renamed, froze, moved is causing it not to work. There are tons of other people that have updated just fine (myself included) just got done restoring root and all my stuff works. Well everything except my data connection, guess I am one of the lucky ones that loses data connection with the update that is supposed to *fix* connection issues.

You saying you switched back to factory rom, you mean you had safestrap installed? Or you mean your backup with TiBu?

K

kbatrph

I am not sure sorry, obviously something you did is messing up the update. Something you uninstalled, renamed, froze, moved is causing it not to work. There are tons of other people that have updated just fine (myself included) just got done restoring root and all my stuff works. Well everything except my data connection, guess I am one of the lucky ones that loses data connection with the update that is supposed to *fix* connection issues.

You saying you switched back to factory rom, you mean you had safestrap installed? Or you mean your backup with TiBu?
actually, a lot of people are having data problems with Verizon today....just read an article on MSNBC about it.....about the update, if i have safestrap and all that stuff on my phone, and i do a factory reset, which partition would i do it in? safe or unsafe mode? and by doing it in unsafe mode, would that really mess up my phone???